I bought a used Panasonic ub9000 4K Blu-ray player from John Lewis for £450

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
This was about a month ago and the build quality and picture quality was excellent but the sound was shocking bad! I made my music Blu-ray unlistenable that was how bad it was. A new poster on here once said the Panasonic ub9000 sound quality was easily better than a Reavon 4K Blu-ray player from my experience this was nowhere near the case.

buzz_lightclick

This was about a month ago and the build quality and picture quality was excellent but the sound was shocking bad! I made my music Blu-ray unlistenable that was how bad it was. A new poster on here once said the Panasonic ub9000 sound quality was easily better than a Reavon 4K Blu-ray player from my experience this was nowhere near the case.
Did you return it then?

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
If you've connected via HDMI, then it doesn't matter which player it is. Panasonic plays no role in decoding the sound.
I found that with Blu-ray players mainly but not 4K Blu-ray players. Why do you think people say the Reavon players sound rubbish? Panasonic 4K Blu-ray players sound the pits. Cambridge Audio 4K Blu-ray player sounds better than the Oppo 4K Blu-ray players.

It’s one reason I went back to my Pioneer amp from the Denon because I rarely could tell the difference between players but with the Denon it was clear as day. Then when I hooked up the Pioneer I could tell the difference too that’s when I decided to keep with my Pioneer amp again.

I found that with Blu-ray players mainly but not 4K Blu-ray players. Why do you think people say the Reavon players sound rubbish? Panasonic 4K Blu-ray players sound the pits. Cambridge Audio 4K Blu-ray player sounds better than the Oppo 4K Blu-ray players.

It’s one reason I went back to my Pioneer amp from the Denon because I rarely could tell the difference between players but with the Denon it was clear as day. Then when I hooked up the Pioneer I could tell the difference too that’s when I decided to keep with my Pioneer amp again.
It's the analogue connections that make a difference. HDMI is digital, whether blu ray or 4K.

Reactions: Al ears and Freddy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts