I am now using a pc directly to my DacMagic - question....

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Should the DacMagic (device) show up in the audio properties on the pc? I'm using J River and it sounds fantastic using WASAPI and listening to bit perfect music for the first time. However, I have a few albums ripped 24bit 96khz and it doesn't seem to like them. Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

Could I ask how you fixed it please?

I'm having problems with 24 bit / 96khz using a very similar setup to yours.

Thanks.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ratty_uk2000:

Thanks.

I'm not sure this will be of help as I'm using J River Media Center and it was a software update that worked for me.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ratty_uk2000:

Thanks.

the sound I'm getting now is great and I'm assuming the fact that I need the amp turned up a notch more means that Windows was adding volume as well as other things when no WASAPI was being used.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
im saving for a dac magic and selling my cd player to a friend i only have usb/hdmi on my laptop the dacmagic only has usb no hdmi so will usb sound as good as your optical, sorry if this is a thick question gerrardasnails

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
smuggs:im saving for a dac magic and selling my cd player to a friend i only have usb/hdmi on my laptop the dacmagic only has usb no hdmi so will usb sound as good as your optical, sorry if this is a thick question gerrardasnails

USB will be fine. You won't get any high rez files playing through USB but all normal cd rips will be great.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
yes, although i think there are issues with itunes on a windows pc. usb is slightly worse then optical, but it's not a big difference.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:the_lhc:Optical is a one way connection, the PC won't have any idea there's even anything on the end of the cable.
all sorted now, Bob Marley playing and DacMagic blue light shining on 96khz!!

where do you get hi-res bob marley?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Craig M.:
Gerrardasnails:the_lhc:Optical is a one way connection, the PC won't have any idea there's even anything on the end of the cable.
all sorted now, Bob Marley playing and DacMagic blue light shining on 96khz!!

where do you get hi-res bob marley?

Natty Dread remastered. I have a Marley fanatic friend in the States and he ripped it for me - not sure if it's from vinyl or cd but it sounds great.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
REM's In Time greatest hits DVD-A is 24bit/192kHz, when I ripped it I had to downsample it to 92kHz for my DacMagic to accept it, that sounds great via FB2000/WASAPI. But it's still my Fleetwood Mac Rumours DVD-A 24/96 rip that gets me going the most given the age of the recording.

For those that have any HDCD's and want to make the most of them with your DacMagic palyed from a PC, you can use dBPowerAmp to rip the HDCD element to get a higher resolution file (24bit/44.1kHz FLAC). You need to normalise the volume though as the HDCD rip tends to be about -6dB quieter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts