i am looking for wireless device for streaming music from laptop to hi fi.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
what would you recommend ... to at least to produce a reasonable quality ... without breaking the budget. i listen much to internet radio?

i have looked at the 'creative xmod wireless system' for 50 quid. how does this fairs? does this really enhance the sound as it claims? or is that more sales hype. i figure that the soundcard should be a lot better than the one on my laptop simply because its a big device.

or any other product you advise? maybe you would recommend a simple wireless transmitter/ reciever that does not process the sound at all ?

thanks for your attention.

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

If you are using ITunes on your laptop, I would recommend a Apple Airport Express which is less than £80. Just plug it in to a wall socket, connect it to your HiFi, and stream music from Itunes to it. This solution requires you to control the music from your laptop, or if you have an iPhone or Ipod Touch, you can control it via that. If I were on a limited budget, I would get an Airport Express.

Or, you could look at one of the Squeezebox options . I have a Squeezebox Classic. Works very well, a bit of software runs on your laptop which streams the music over to the Squeezebox. You control the music via the squeezebox remote. I got my Squeezebox Classic for £190, and love it. You can also listen to internet radio on this, without the PC having to be switched on.

Or, you could look at Sonos. I have no idea about this, but it seems to be well regarded on this forum.

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Just to add, the Airport Express is excellent for listening to iTunes, but you will also need to download Airfoil for other sources (Spotify, Internet Radio, iPlayer etc). From memory it's about £25.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts