I’ve been very bad boy and brought a Yamaha A-S3000

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I’ve been so bad today and brought a new Yamaha A-S3000 in black I can’t wait

i am still keeping my A-S2100 as I like it but really wanted to buy the big brother I will see how different it is when I’ve run it in a bit .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Is that you Gel? Have you changed your name? Yamaha A-S3000, NAS drive and WD Reds in an afternoon.

There again someone has just won £76 million on Euromillions???
not me lol I’ve not ordered the NAS yet still finding out what’s right for me

I think a top end streamer might have been a wiser decision Sabbath...what..with your latest enquiries and eagerness to get into streaming your music.....the little wxc50 a just isn't going to cut it in the company it's going to be keeping...imho......as a couple of well known audio companies say........source first.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
I think a top end streamer might have been a wiser decision Sabbath...what..with your latest enquiries and eagerness to get into streaming your music.....the little wxc50 a just isn't going to cut it in the company it's going to be keeping...imho......as a couple of well known audio companies say........source first.
yes I didn’t want to rush into the NAS as I thought I would see what else there was and maybe a better streamer might be the case but there is a lot of different options out there and I only looked at 1 option so I will definitely be doing it but what I will get I am unsure of yet

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
How very dare you?

*biggrin*
it had to be done at least it’s a safe bet and probably only get a slightly different sound or it might sound the same as my A-S2100 but I will be keeping my A-S2100 anyway .

but a lot of the reviews I’ve read about the Yamaha A-S3000 compared to the Yamaha A-S2100 the A-S2100 is 85% of the performance of the Yamaha A-S3000 so we will see .

D

Deleted member 108165

CnoEvil said:
Refulgent looks, pellucid delivery and can handle a 2 Ohm load. What more do you want. *mail1* *dirol*

That all sounds rather rude to me so I had to google it *shok* You are the word-master Cno *new_russian*

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I came across the words relatively recently and thought they deserved an outing...it's never a bad thing to get folk Googling to see whether I am being insulting, or complementary. *diablo*

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:

i am still keeping my A-S2100 as I like it but really wanted to buy the big brother I will see how different it is when I’ve run it in a bit .

https://youtu.be/Jjq5Rq4sSZc

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
but a lot of the reviews I’ve read about the Yamaha A-S3000 compared to the Yamaha A-S2100 the A-S2100 is 85% of the performance of the Yamaha A-S3000 so we will see .

I suspect, once it has settled in, that you will rate the improvement as greater than that...it will simply give you more of everything (over what you have at the moment). *yahoo*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Mark Rose-Smith said:
This system you're building Sabbath......it really is far tooooo good for crrrappy recorded metal music.lol.......your going to have to get into jazz or something. *crazy*
lol I am not just into metal I like blues some classical music it will all sound good on my setup and obviously streaming is about finding new music for me .

As that’s what a Audiofile does lol it’s about the music first as some people just listen to there hifi and not actually listen to the music they think it’s about the hifi it’s self and obviously both are important but my main love is the music really and try to get it to sound the best possible .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

I suspect, once it has settled in, that you will rate the improvement as greater than that...it will simply give you more of everything (over what you have at the moment). *yahoo*
being honest here I reckon they will be close but will not no this till it comes but I would of thought the different power supply might change the sound a bit but how much I am unsure .

i have gone and brought the Yamaha A-S3000 blind but pretty sure I will be ok in making that choice but when you see both the A-S2100 and A-S3000 the quality of both amplifiers is outstanding as you definitely no where your money has gone .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
[ being honest here I reckon they will be close but will not no this till it comes but I would of thought the different power supply might change the sound a bit but how much I am unsure .

i have gone and brought the Yamaha A-S3000 blind but pretty sure I will be ok in making that choice but when you see both the A-S2100 and A-S3000 the quality of both amplifiers is outstanding as you definitely no where your money has gone .

Well, going from A-S2100 -> A-S3000 meets my criteria of - All things being equal, a doubling of price should bring a worthwhile/meaninful improvement. *music2*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
[ being honest here I reckon they will be close but will not no this till it comes but I would of thought the different power supply might change the sound a bit but how much I am unsure .

Well, going from A-S2100 -> A-S3000 meets my criteria of - All things being equal, a doubling of price should bring a worthwhile/meaninful improvement. *music2*
I think it will

ive read a lot of reviews on the Yamaha A-S3000 and most of the reviews say the same thing about it except what hifi review which they give it poor rating but it’s only there opinion and I am not bothered by it as I no how good the Yamaha A-S2100 is

I mean both amplifiers A-S2100 and A-S3000 are in the same ball park as the likes of luxman except the Class A amplifiers which your looking at £7500 or more for something more powerful in class A and I still think sound very good and when you climb the ladder in hifi sometimes it’s small changes and I no what to expect when I get my hands on the A-S3000 .

i obviously getting more Watts a bigger power supply , bigger pots an extra XLR input , bigger UVs ,2 big heat sinks , copper lined inside and a well over engineered amplifier which I like

even all the wiring is not solided it’s all brass screwed on the boards and the use of solid aluminium , solid speaker terminals that are gold plated and each bank of speaker terminals are each end of the amplifier everything design wise has been properly thought about in the construction

its an old school amplifier but dragged in to the future and something you do not see so much of in this day and age

but this review stuck in my mind and what he was comparing the Yamaha A-S3000 with ..... http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/the-yamaha-a-s-3000-integrated-amp-review/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts