Humax Scart Hiss - Views appreciated

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi There

I have just bought an awesome new Sony 40" W4500 to replace a very old 28" CRT Dolby Digital Philips (very good for it's day!). However on connecting my Humax PVR via scart (doesn't have HDMI as not hi def) I'm getting a hissing noise in the background. This never happened on the older CRT. Obviously as with the older TV you need to adjust the volume on both to find the best level but never had this hissing sound. I also have a PS3 connected by HDMI and an old multiregion Sony DVD player via scart neither which have any problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this problem could be fixed? Would it make a difference if I used the component out socket instead of scart from the Humax?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I can only add to this i'm afraid...bought a fab Samsung 40A656 and wanted a Humax PVR 9150T to go with, however...

1. Picture is no where near as good as DVT through the TV itself, quite grainy lacks alot of detail and is really disapointing..did you experiance the same picyure quality loss on your Sony??

2. As above constant humming/hissing sound from PVR, noticeable and annoying after a while, especially when TV off and PVR still on.

3. Sound is also lower than through TV which is odd...?

These for me are deal breakers and it's now back in it's box which i'm really unhappy about as i desperately wanted it to be as good as the reviews

What do i do now? get my money back and wait for Freesat PVR or did i just get a dud?

A

Anonymous

I also have the samsung, and while the picture quality on my pvr 9200t is not as good as the built in tuner it's not a huge difference, also no hissing to be heard, the only issue i have is it doesn't seem to like neon blue, shows like x factor or 8 out 0f 10 cats produce a strange effect on the picture which never happened with my old pixel+2 philips crt, i thought the tv was faulty but it doesn't happen with the built in tuner.....guess samsung and humax just don't get on too well.

With regards to your problem, do you have the option of using a surround sound system? if you have a 5.1 cinema system there is a good chance it'll have an optical input, i'd use that to connect the pvr and use those speakers instead, not ideal i suppose but it's an option.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts