hum from turntable.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I've moved the dino as far as possible from the turntable but can't get rid of the hum, I use shielded cable and a standard thin wire (shielded too) as the earth connection. how can I eliminate the interference totally? what could be causing it?

Bertie1

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue especially at volume.

It was like a transfomer hum.

Bought a Tacima mains conditioning 6 way extension and background the noise dropped through the floor.

I know there's bit of a debate about these things but they definitely worked for me.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gbhsi1 said:
I've moved the dino as far as possible from the turntable but can't get rid of the hum, I use shielded cable and a standard thin wire (shielded too) as the earth connection. how can I eliminate the interference totally? what could be causing it?

I can't quite remember what you are using as a turntable/arm.

If it's a Rega arm or turntable, have you tried disconnecting the earth lead to remove the hum? (Rega arms are earthed inside the arm tube so earthing between the Dino and the amp might create hum.)

Of course I could be entirely wrong. (No signature so I can't visualise your set-up.)

[Edit] 'Lost Angeles' got there first whilst I was typing the above and doing a search to try and find out what TT you use.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
it's only noticeable when I push the volume up to around 11 on the knob and gets loude if a turn up the volume further. it's the same with or without the earth wire connected...no difference.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Is the hum there with the TT interconnect disconnected from the Dino? including the earth disconnected

Is the Dino new?

Was the hum there before you fitted the Rondo red?

EDIT And try connecting the ground wire to your amp instead of the Dino or run an additional wire from the Dino to your amp Ground connection if it has one and see what result you get.

simon3102000

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Projects do hum unfortunately, one of the big problems with them from what i have read.... Has yours got the upgrade kit installed? This is meant to take away the hum but ive yet to try it, only £25 for the kit from henley design.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
simon3102000 said:
Projects do hum unfortunately, one of the big problems with them from what i have read.... Has yours got the upgrade kit installed? This is meant to take away the hum but ive yet to try it, only £25 for the kit from henley design.

upgrade kit? what's the upgrade?

gbhsi1 said:
simon3102000 said:

gbhsi1, I think he means:- The package includes: •2 Rubber Gromits and Screws •Rounded Drive Belt & Alternative Pulley See here:- http://www.henleydesigns.co.uk/product.asp?shop=0&ProductID=841

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Alears said:
gbhsi1 said:
simon3102000 said:

gbhsi1, I think he means:- The package includes: •2 Rubber Gromits and Screws •Rounded Drive Belt & Alternative Pulley See here:- http://www.henleydesigns.co.uk/product.asp?shop=0&ProductID=841

its doesn't say that it can be used with my turntable xperience 2?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts