How would you bribe your mrs for a harmony one?

A

Anonymous

No more animals or pets .Two dogs, 4 guinea pigs and two rabbits i feel is more than enough

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Why on earth would you have to bribe at all ? Who wears the trousers ?
emotion-42.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm surprised she's not hassling you for one anyway.

One thing my Wife does moan about regarding all the electronics, is the mass of remotes on the table.

I bought a Harmony remote (525?) years ago, but couldn't get on with it.

Maybe a newer one with a bigger screen would be better for me.

You'll have to give me your verdict on the Harmony 1 when you get it.

A

Anonymous

dsharratt:After me having £1500 worth of home cinema in exchange she getting a puppy! What would a fair exchange for a harmony one be?tell her you were watching "loose women" and they were all going on about how handy and pretty they were, and they all own one, she'll send you out for one straight away
emotion-5.gif

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Alantiggger:Why on earth would you have to bribe at all ? Who wears the trousers ?
emotion-42.gif

Thursday, February 10, 2011, just in case you hadn't noticed...

lol, ......... Bible sets the man as head of the household ... good enough for me and my lovely wife
emotion-2.gif
... and my three teenagers, though they can get 'lippy' at times
emotion-17.gif

Mind you we don't really argue over many things tbh .... we make whatever sacrifices so as to keep things running well .... I'm just soooo glad that my lovely wife really loves the movies as much as I do... so she's 'good' with whatever I buy whether it's an new amp as I did at Christmas or speakers, tv etc
emotion-19.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If the Bible sets it, it must be true. For instance:

Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. -- Proverbs 23:13-14

That there's good teaching.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Alantiggger:Who wears the trousers?

Alantiggger:Bible sets the man as head of the household ... good enough for me and my lovely wife
emotion-2.gif
... and my three teenagers...

poorclotheslg.jpg

"Now remember dears, don't leave any pins in your father's trousers. Those trousers and the Good Book (and Alf Garnett) guide him in all things and are the source of his wisdom and authority. (And mummy is saving a fortune by being thrifty so that when you are all older she can afford to run off to the south of France with a younger bloke!)"

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
The Harmony One is universally popular in our house. It makes enjoying the system in our TV room so simple, that my other half would not have even dreamt of complaining. On the contrary, I really believe I would have been on the receiving end of non-stop complaints if I'd spent a load of money and been stuck with half a dozen remotes and a logistical nightmare!

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i dont think my wife would bother with our tv unless we had a harmony remote.. the 1100 is great if pricey.. thinking of getting a 650 for the bedroom.. to work the tv/blu-ray/sat box... i dont know if the likes of the harmony one offer huge more functionality than say the 650... so if price is an issue might be worth looking at it

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Why would you need to bribe her just tell her the truth:- Darling you know all these remotes we have laying around & the difficulty we all have in operating the system, well if we get this it will make life a lot easier for all of us ( its not so patronising if you include yourself ) as with the push of one button we can operate all our home cinema, tv, kit etc etc. I have found this approach works very well
emotion-5.gif

Good luck

axman

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
It's the perfect Valentine's day gift for your wife. Easy to use and removes the clutter from all the other remotes on your coffee table.

Then in exchange, you could also expect her to give you a gift worth £100 too and make her feel guilty..

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

If the Bible sets it, it must be true. For instance:

Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell. -- Proverbs 23:13-14

That there's good teaching.

Indeed or perhaps

And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.

The old testament is a laugh a minute

MrNo

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Harmony itself was the best present for my Mrs, she was finally able to watch TV, watch DVD, listen to music without my help with remotes:)

A

Anonymous

dsharratt:After me having £1500 worth of home cinema in exchange she getting a puppy! What would a fair exchange for a harmony one be?

Just show her a picture, I mean it is quite aesthetically pleasing
emotion-11.gif
and as mentioned previously, use the six(?) into one juggling/clutter argument.
emotion-2.gif

Oh, keep it away from the puppy (that's one of the only things the Harmony cannot control!)

Nick

A

Anonymous

Although I am a lover of Harmony all in ones (proud owner of a 555) and that great ability to switch on multiple devices and put them all on the appropriate channels etc with one click (don't get me started on the mysterious 'Help' button which often fixes problems without you telling it what the problem is).

The lack of dedicated blue/green/red/yellow buttons strikes me as a serious oversight, especially when controlling a sky box or doing anything with teletext. I don't want to be scrolling through menu's on the screen to get access to them

Main reason I've never changed mine

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts