how to watch movies on your sound surround connecting a memory pen to smart tv

fefas67

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, can anyone help? I recently acquired a new amp. the sony str dn-1040. I connected it via hdmi to my samsung smart tv. Normally I watched movies through the usb entrance on the tv. I would like to hear the movies through the amp and the sound surround system that I have. I have tried connecting two hdmis one in the out the other in the in on the amp but without success. How can I hear the movies fed to the tv by the usb portal in my sound surround? If someone can help I would really appreciate it. Thankyou

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Assuming your Samsung smart Tv has an ARC (audio return channel) on one of the HDMI connections (being smart it should have) you will have no problem.

Connect the HDMI lead from the Sony amp marked with OUT A ARC & to he one on the tv which should also be marked with ARC.

You may need to go in to the tv menu & look for Anynet connections & run the scan to connect to other devices making sure the amp is switched on.

Regards ...

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
ARC is the answer, but have you tried using the USB port on your amp?

Typically, the USB inputs on receivers support audio only. ARC is the way to do it, proved the Anynet CEC actually works.

fefas67

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanyou for your replies. Makes a lot of sense using the arc, but for some reason I still have sound only from my TV (samsung ue55es7000s). If I plug the cable tv to the amp, I do have sound surround, but it seems that the audio signal from the tv isn´t reaching the amp. I´v tried an optical from tv to amp, I´ve tried 2 hdmi (one in the arc, the other attempting all the hdmi ports on the amp), turned off the speakers on the Tv, with no luck...can anyone give me more advice. It´s so practical being able to watch movies from a usb pen or other memory gadgets. Thank you again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts