What cart are you running ? If you have the Exact I would do the Cart too

So:

Cart

Sub Platter & Belt

Tecnoweight

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks ALL and I'm sorry for your confusion. But I would like to talk about JUST ways of upgrading Rega RP6... :clap:

I'v had upgraded with Rega white belt. However I feel that the white belt is not a massive difference over the black Belt. :roll:

kazuhito said:
Thanks ALL and I'm sorry for your confusion. But I would like to talk about JUST ways of upgrading Rega RP6... :clap:

I'v had upgraded with Rega white belt. However I feel that the white belt is not a massive difference over the black Belt. :roll:

Try a better quality phono stage, such as a Leema Elements or another in that bracket.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
kazuhito said:
. . . JUST ways of upgrading Rega RP6... :clap:

The white belt is a subtle change, but as part of the 'whole' as Steve suggests 'sub-platter, arm weigh, white belt, cartridge', it makes its contribution, this becomes more obvious as the upgrade changes tidy things up and move your sound on . . .
CJSF

CJSF said:
kazuhito said:
What's wrong with Rega Fono MM MK2Rega Fono MM MK2 is winner 2013!? :?

Very Simple, kazuhito . . .

Quote: "Best phono stage, Awards 2013. A great all-rounder that will deliver sonic excitement to any budget set-up".

Steve is pointing you in the right direction. Presuming you want to move to the next level?

CJSF

But if he's looking at Sugden and Naim amps, they ain't budget.

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I feel that sound of REGA is budget toy and, but I was little disappointed by REGA FONO and RP6 and EXACT2.(

I bought them at $2K from US because there is no Rega distributor in Japan.)

BTW, I'm going a Sugden A21a2 with optional phono-amp for my proac tablette anniversary.

Could you let me know what your opinion about this "http://youtu.be/Gekt8mRNA80", please?

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CJSF said:
kazuhito said:

Quote: "Best phono stage, Awards 2013. A great all-rounder that will deliver sonic excitement to any budget set-up".

Steve is pointing you in the right direction. Presuming you want to move to the next level?

CJSF

That is the point exactly PP, an RP6 is not a budget TT, the OP seems to be looking to 'move on', therefor the Rega Phono stage will be out classed, especially if a cartridge change is on the cards, so the up grades are necessary . . . ?

CJSF said:
plastic penguin said:
CJSF said:
kazuhito said:

CJSF

That is the point exactly PP, an RP6 is not a budget TT, the OP seems to be looking to 'move on', therefor the Rega Phono stage will be out classed, especially if a cartridge change is on the cards, so the up grades are necessary . . . ?

It would appear he is now looking at a Sugden A21a2 with optional phono-amp so the matter of phono amp upgrade is now irrelevant. I'd suggest a cartridge upgrade should be next on the card for improved SQ alone, and forget the different colour belts.

CJSF said:
plastic penguin said:
CJSF said:
kazuhito said:

CJSF

Then what's point in putting this: "A great all-rounder that will deliver sonic excitement to any budget set-up". I just don't get why one moment you state that the Fono is a great all-rounder when you know he's moving on? Anyway, that's all irrelevant as he's decided to go for an amp with a built-in phono stage, I think - that could change any minute now.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CJSF said:
plastic penguin said:
CJSF said:
kazuhito said:

CJSF

Then what's point in putting this: I just don't get why one moment you state that the Fono is a great all-rounder when you know he's moving on? Anyway, that's all irrelevant as he's decided to go for an amp with a built-in phono stage, I think - that could change any minute now.

PP you don't look and read properly do you . . . I was answering the OP's question 'why not'?

"A great all-rounder that will deliver sonic excitement to any budget set-up", was as a QUOTE from What HiFi . . . see the link the OP put up!

:? maybe you just like to 'stir it a bit' . . . ?

CJSF

kazuhito

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks ALL,

At first I need a good integrated amp for my proacs.

Next, if I am able to choice a built-in phono stage with the good amp, I want know whether the a built-in phono stage is better than Rega FONO MM.

Please, let me know how are Sugden A21a2 and its built-in phono stage? ;)

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
kazuhito said:
Thanks ALL,

At first I need a good integrated amp for my proacs.

Next, if I am able to choice a built-in phono stage with the good amp, I want know whether the a built-in phono stage is better than Rega FONO MM.

Please, let me know how are Sugden A21a2 and its built-in phono stage? ;)

Take a look at the Croft Basic 'P' Intigrated Hybrid amp. It has an excelent 'valve mm phono stage'. I used one for a couple of years as my benchmark amp whilst I upgraded my Rega P5.

The Croft is a £1000 bargin IMHO, often overlooked. A down side . . . it does not have a remote and uses two volume controls, L & R, some people dont like the seperate controls, personaly I find it an advantage in a normal living enviroment . . . ?

CJSF

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Like I said in the OP phono stage thread - the Rega FONO mini is great for budget carts (up to £400) but whn you start spending more then a new phono is more or less essential as you will be going into MC territory.

For the record I have the Rega FONO mini and for my current cart it is ample - but in the near future I will be looking at a Phono as I want to try some MCs

Note that the OP has stated he is getting a Sugden A21a2 with optional phono stage so he should be able to run either MM or MC cartridges in future.

To the OP I would say make sure amp has plenty of frre space around it as it rund quite hot!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
ok to the OP, its apparent that your not taking to the Exact cart, the FONO is fine - so I really think you need a cartridge change to something a bit more exciting - do you get me?

What is your budget for a cart?

If you are getting the Sugden (lovely) then hold back on the CART to see how the Exact sounds - but I really think the Sugden wont do the Exact any favours - but try and see.

If you finbd the Exact dull with the Sugden then try a Dynavector or Nagaoaka both lively carts

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts