How to listen to uncompressed WAV on HIFI

D

Deleted member 108165

Jimmy Lavoie said:
I have a Pioneer 4.1 amplifier. Since it would be more convenient than CDs, how could I listen to uncompressed WAV on it?

My Yamaha Cd Player does have a USB input but it only read MP3s.

Ripping maybe? Do you own a pc or laptop? Model number of your amp and cd player would be good to know.

iyannadonovan

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
If you’re an audiophile and want to listen to uncompressed WAV audio files, your best bet is to get an audio system that supports high-resolution files. Other systems can’t support the higher bitrates that come with uncompressed WAV files, and usually top off at 320kbps. I would suggest checking out the HEOS audio system. Their different wireless speakers all support high resolution files, and also double as WiFi speakers that can sync up with each other for more orchestrated sound.

Jimmy Lavoie said:
I have a Pioneer 4.1 amplifier. Since it would be more convenient than CDs, how could I listen to uncompressed WAV on it?

My Yamaha Cd Player does have a USB input but it only read MP3s.

Presumably the wav files are on your computer? Buy a cheap digital music player and copy files to it then connect it to your amp.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
So why not buy a usb dac with analog rca outs.
Many available at various price points.

Use laptop to store music files.

Id convert to flac over wav for storage reasons

iMark

In iTunes you can convert WAV to ALAC (Apple Lossless) files and play them on any Apple device. Depending on the type of Yamaha CD player, you might be able to plug in an Apple device.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts