How to listen to FLAC on Hi - Fi

I have a pair of Dali dali zensor 7 and a Pionneer Elite amplifier (analog). I also have a Yamaha yamaha cd s300 (which can play MP3s via USB).

What would be the difference between listening to CDs with the CD player VS ripping them to FLAC?

What product could I use to play FLAC directly on the HI FI while keeping the maximum possible quality?

Should I rip to MP3 and use the Yamaha CD player with the USB input?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
If you want convenience and quality you could rip to flac in a suitable programme such as musicbee or even Windows media player.

Then to play back you could plug PC or computer into a "usb DAC" which plugs into an analog input on your amp. It could be better or worse than your CD player depending on how good a DAC you use

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Jimmy Lavoie said:
What would be the difference between listening to CDs with the CD player VS ripping them to FLAC?

None.

Jimmy Lavoie said:
What product could I use to play FLAC directly on the HI FI while keeping the maximum possible quality?

Here's where the difference is. The device which converts the digital bits and bytes to audio is called a DAC, your CD player of course has one built in, and the sound quality from any digital device is governed mainly by the quality of the DAC built into it or which you attach to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts