How to keep cool in the hot weather

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

WayneKerr

It was only 3 days FFS.😋

We had a lovely thunderstorm last night. We were dancing in the rain. Plummeted 10 degrees in a few minutes.
:) (y)I work permanent late-shift and a rain shower hit here about 00:30, I stripped down to my underpants and ran round the garden... thought about going naked but that was probably a bit too far. I put my antics down to heat induced insanity... :)

Gray

I'm not much cooler today.
I've got one of those thermometers on card that the energy companies give out.
It's on 27, but that's as high as it goes. It usefully has 'too hot' printed next to the reading.

This is the first year I've worn shorts as an adult.
At school the P.E. teacher said,
"You boy, what are those two white bits of string hanging out of your shorts?"
I said, "They're my legs".

Reactions: Tinman1952
Agreed Al, I was 18 in '76 and handled it okay as far as I remember, my mother on the other hand did not as she was 56 at the time. I'm 64 now and I don't like heat or cold :)
I understand, heat seems to affect elderly more than cold..... There's only so much you can take off... :)
It certainly kills more than the cold spells.
me, I am still ok with either as I worked in Africa for a good few years and it seems to have acclimated me, still struggle occasionally though.

Tinman1952

I understand, heat seems to affect elderly more than cold..... There's only so much you can take off... :)
It certainly kills more than the cold spells.
me, I am still ok with either as I worked in Africa for a good few years and it seems to have acclimated me, still struggle occasionally though.
We are certainly not adapted to survive heat in the UK. I read yesterday that when the temperature goes above 17 degrees C the death rate starts to increase! 😳

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts