How to improve my headphone system?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My current system is:

1. MacBookPro + iTunes + Apple lossless music files (source)

2. Lehmann audio BlackCube Linear USB (DAC and amplifyer)

3. Grado RS1 (headphones)

What upgrade would you suggest given that I want a relatively portable system (easily stored away / transported to another room) and keep listening through headphones.

Many thanks, Pedro

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
There are others much better qualified to answer than me, but I'd guess that the headphones could be fed with a better amp, not that the Lehman doesn't seem to be a great amp.

Although it would add another box, would there be benefits to be gained be using separate amp and DAC, thereby having separate power supplies and circuitry?

I've also heard some people comment that feeding it through USB tends to allow more noise from the power source, etc. into the signal, so if you aren't already, you could look connecting it with the optical out from the mac.

idc

Hi PedroH. So the upgrade bug has bitten! Problem is that your set up is already superb and you would need to spend serious money to maybe get not a huge difference, particularly if you love the sound you are already getting. I also do not think that there is anything that is particularly more portable than what you have.

My setup goes into the cupboard it sits on when we go on holiday. I take my actual portable setup with me. I am also clearing another room where my other head-fi set up will live. I have also started to collect vintage headphones. So rather than mess with with you already have, add to it or buy loads of CDs is my advice.

A

Anonymous

I agree with idc - enjoy what you have PedroH, that is one awesome setup. I would love to see some pics.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts