How to Connect Chromecast Audio

OliverBen5672

Feb 27, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
I am sure this is a very, very stupid beginner question but I currently have a marantz pm6005 amp. It's inputs are shown in the photo attached, there is no aux input as you can see. I want to stream music from my phone wirelessly to this amp and have been told the Chromecast audio is the best affordable way to do so but it comes with an aux cable. What kind of adaptor do I need and which input should I then plug it into.
On a similar question if I were to go for a wired connection from an iPhone, what type of connector do I need and what slot does it plug into?
I know these are very basic questions but don't want to order the wrong thing.
Thanks
1614806345778.png

D

Deleted member 160668

Simple Sir. Same for all amps so no picture required.

Pick yourself up a 3.5mm (headphone jack) to RCA cable. These are available to all price tastes from the simple to exotic. But as I believe (possibly wrongly) that you are working to a budget. Look on ebay for 'Pure' brand OFC which will be around, or less, than a fiver. Simple no frills and does the job well.

Enjoy. The CCA is the music bargain of the world.

Have a look and if you post a link to what you are looking at I'll confirm you've got the right thing 👍

Edit, I believe you can also also use a digital coax, depending upon amp inputs, but for simplicity I'd go with the above

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 160668

Just realised I didn't answer your full question. The RCA's can connect to an input you select, so just connect to CD player input for example, assuming you are not going to connect an actual cd player. Then when on CD mode this will be your chromecast.

Are you in UK Sir? If so, ping me a PM, I'm pretty sure I've got the cable you need unused in a drawer which I'll post you free of charge. Buy the next homeless person you see a coffee 👍

Reactions: RBinDC

OliverBen5672

Feb 27, 2021
Visit site
Yep Thank you for clearing that up for me, I wasn't sure if I could use just any of the rca inputs but if that's the case I will just use the CD player input instead.
That's very generous, I am in the UK and I am on a budget as you guessed so will send you a message now.

jjbomber

I'd use one of these and take advantage of the Marantz DAC.

TRENDING THREADS