How to connect active speakers wirelessly to PC

Cooper

Jun 5, 2021
Visit site
I have a pair of Mackie SRM450 Active Speakers (XLR Input) which I want to use from a W10 Laptop without losing too much quality along the way. Stereo is required. I have been assuming a pair of bluetooth to XLR but that still leaves me with splitting the two channels from the laptop and converting to two separate Bluetooth transmissions. Minimum of cabling required. The laptop has stereo jack, USB and wifi. How best to achieve this?

Vincent Kars

As Bluetooth is stereo, a BT receiver near the speakers and from there 2 wires to the speakers.
If you don't want to run a wire between the speakers, you might try 2 BT receivers and use one channel only.
You will have problems finding a transmitter that can broadcast to 2 BT receivers.
BT is lossy compression, say high bit rate MP3 quality.

You might have a look at the pro-world, lots of wireless transceivers e.g.

Another option is wireless audio transmitters for home use e.g. Marmitek Audio Anywhere 725

Tinman1952

I have a pair of Mackie SRM450 Active Speakers (XLR Input) which I want to use from a W10 Laptop without losing too much quality along the way. Stereo is required. I have been assuming a pair of bluetooth to XLR but that still leaves me with splitting the two channels from the laptop and converting to two separate Bluetooth transmissions. Minimum of cabling required. The laptop has stereo jack, USB and wifi. How best to achieve this?
USB DAC connected to laptop and then RCA to XLR cables to the speakers.
I’d suggest iFi Zen DAC or Topping E30 for consideration at around £130 to £140 🙂
This will crush any Bluetooth solution……🙄

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts