how to change password

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
hello to you after a long time

I forgot my password for my account with what hifi. i click on 'forgotten password' i get a one time log on access and it says i have to reset my password for regular access.

now, am i being blind by not seeing the change password option under settings or it doesn't exist.

any help would be appreciated

Animesh Ghose said:
Mark Rose-Smith said:
I have the same issue Aminesh..there's nowhere for me to even enter a password.I just get the redirection thing in my email and use that to log in when ever I'm logged out.

Frustrating really

As jjbomber said if you can get into your account under the settings tap and on left-jhand side you should have boxes that enable you to change your password, at least that's what I see.

I've got this problem too.

Think it's to do if you used a social login to register like Facebook or Twitter to creat an account but this feature is no longer available to log in with.

Also annoyingly forced to use your real name as your username as well

Elliott Leishman said:
I've got this problem too.

Think it's to do if you used a social login to register like Facebook or Twitter to creat an account but this feature is no longer available to log in with.

Also annoyingly forced to use your real name as your username as well

Could be, I have never logged in like that and setup the account initially from WHF website

Obviously, if you sign up via Facebook or Twitter, What Hi Fi? itself does not store any passwords (it won't have any passwords entered by you in the first place). So there's nothing to change. Change the password of your Facebook or Twitter account if you want to. Otherwise, sign up to What Hi Fi? directly.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Obviously, if you sign up via Facebook or Twitter, What Hi Fi? itself does not store any passwords (it won't have any passwords entered by you in the first place). So there's nothing to change. Change the password of your Facebook or Twitter account if you want to. Otherwise, sign up to What Hi Fi? directly.

now it makes sense

bigboss said:
Obviously, if you sign up via Facebook or Twitter, What Hi Fi? itself does not store any passwords (it won't have any passwords entered by you in the first place). So there's nothing to change. Change the password of your Facebook or Twitter account if you want to. Otherwise, sign up to What Hi Fi? directly.

The problem is that also gets linked to your email so can't create a new account unless you have a different email

Elliott Leishman said:
bigboss said:
Obviously, if you sign up via Facebook or Twitter, What Hi Fi? itself does not store any passwords (it won't have any passwords entered by you in the first place). So there's nothing to change. Change the password of your Facebook or Twitter account if you want to. Otherwise, sign up to What Hi Fi? directly.

The problem is that also gets linked to your email so can't create a new account unless you have a different email
Yes, your email will be linked too. You can email the mods to see if they can unlink the email.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts