How many stars for PS3?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm currently in the market for a 32" HD ready LCD tv and Blu-ray player. I think that the TV issue has been flogged to death on other posts... So what Blu-ray player?

The current favourite is the PS3. I'm not massively into games but it is a feature that my kids will use, as well as Blu-ray and DVD.

My question is this; How many stars does the PS3 have?
In the latest WHFSV it gets 4 stars, when reviewed next to other Blu-ray players, but in the Buyer's Guide still has 5 stars...

Is the review just testing the Blu-ray ability and the Buyer's Guide takes the whole PS3 package into account?

Your help/advice very much appreciated.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
In the light of newer BD players like the Pana, we've taken the PS3 down to four stars on its home entertainment capabilities - but of course if you're a gamer, or want/need the networking capabilities etc, it's still an excellent buy. I have one at home and won't be upgrading any time immediately.

And to clarify an oft-asked point: for reasons to do with the Buyer's Guide's incredibly convoluted, antique database, it only includes review-ratings up to and including the previous issue. And we know that's illogical, which is why we're updating the system alongside our website overhaul to bring everything in line.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for the reply Clare.
It's cleared the issue up.

Like I said, I am not a massive gamer but the value the PS3 represents can't be overlooked.

A

Anonymous

It's brilliant, purely because it offers much more than just Blu-ray playback and gaming, it truly is a media hub.

If you've got an internet connection and can either wire it up, or use it wireless, it really does blow everything else out of the water....

Display all your photos on your large TV, check

Play all your music, either from your Ipod or directly, or streamed via your pc, check

Play all your DVD's, streamed via your pc, so you can get rid of the discs, check

Play FULL HD games like GT5 Prologue, check

Have an online store with movie trailers, game demos, and a host of other features, check

Soon have an online presence, called Home, creating an online community where you can invite others to come and play games, check

Things are getting better and better all the time for the PS3, and if you know what you're doing and there's a whole host of other things you can do with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts