how loud do you listen?

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what happened there. Anyway in dB how loud?

I find 60db or to be perfect but I read a comment on another forum saying that is way too quiet and a lot of detail would be missed. Even if I have an empty house I don't go much louder.

This is checked from the listening spot with a phone app.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The loudest I have ever listened to my current set-up was about 87dB - 88dB on transient peaks. (Speakers are rated 89dB for 1 Watt @ 1 metre 6 Ohms).

But that was just a short test - for the purposes of a discussion here - and was louder than I would normally listen.

At normal levels I can easily hear another person talking at the other end of the same room without having to raise our voices.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Acording to the SPL meter on my phone (not that accurate) its usually about 60dB-70dB at the most, possibly a little louder but thats rare.
2wpc and 97dB speakers go far enough! :rofl:

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
For normal listening when on my own peaks of between 70db and 80db , low level evening listening 50db to 65db but when I have the occasional blast up to about 100db peaks which is about the same level as a lot of the live events I go to .

This is measured on my i phone so I don't know how accurate these figures are .

namefail

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Interesting question, I’d say loud enough to not Inconvenience the neighbours off too much, I’ll post figures later.

Edit due to EDITED :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Because of my job, a lot of my listening is done at fairly low volume. Thats where the sub comes in handy too to bolster a little.

On days off I let rip on occasions. This is where a high power really comes into its own. Although my speakers are all easy to drive a solid hundred watter will just have more transient attack on difficult signals. Having said all that, I am always aware that there is more to music than just peak signals so wouldn't necessery generalise as to what is 'better'.

Horses for courses and all that

Happy weekend everyone x

regards

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
It has to said far to loud , I will see if I find db app on my i thingy and let you know I must admit my system sound great even at low volume :grin:

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Ha ha , you know me too well D. Have a good weekend mate.

In answer to the OP , never measured and tbh can be ars*d. Depends what mood I'm in anyways.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
as loud as I need to , if I think its getting too much or too late I pluq in my 'phones , my neighbours are kinda loud aswell so we live and let live

alienmango

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the music... normally 60-80 db for most music (90%+ of my time), sometimes when I'm listening to rap/anything with a lot of content below 50hz around 120db+ in room for bass/between 85-95 ish for main speakers.

Some of enya's stuff goes looow haha :rockout: :bounce: :dance:

If it's any kind of dance music eg trance/deephouse etc then over 100 + bass tuned to play 80-40 around 125 db.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts