How long to burn in DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Greetings

Got a new Beresford 7520 , just wondering what burn in times i should give this before i evaluate its sound?

IS the magazine gonna review one of these any time soon? 

A

Anonymous

Heya Chebby , see you have one too ,,, at the moment i'm finding the sound a little fatiguing to my ears , the upper mid/lower treble is a touch harsh.

Before this i wasÿcompletelyÿskeptical about burn in, but this box's sound isÿdefinitelyÿchanging over time.

Clocked up about 60hrs so farÿ

A

Anonymous

Or you are simply geting used to it bit by bit?

What is the rest of your system? It may simply be that it is a lot more revealing that your previous source?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
drumlins4ever:
Heya Chebby , see you have one too ,,, at the moment i'm finding the sound a little fatiguing to my ears , the upper mid/lower treble is a touch harsh.

Before this i was completely skeptical about burn in, but this box's sound is definitely changing over time.

Clocked up about 60hrs so far

My one spent a lot of time doing DVD and TV sound and Freeview radio duties (optically connected to the Panasonic in my sig) the first week I had it - due to not having much daytime spare-time that week. So if there was any 'run-in' it was all over before I got the chance to sit down quietly and listen critically to lossless material without other people around.

No fatigue here with my one. Far from it.

A

Anonymous

Two suggestions, you are getting used to the sound or you have altered the treble and bass settings on the amp or the computer, if you have undo that and then listen to them, there really should not be a need to alter these.

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
Well I was sceptical about burn in but my new dacmagic seems to sound smoother and tidier since I first listened to it cold out of the box .Its been running continueously now for over 30hrs with a signal through it .Had a listen earlier and it sounds really good,its gained more body too. thought my marantz cd sounded better at first but the dacmagic is coming into its own now. There seems more ambience around instruments and the bass is more controlled.

Johnno2

Feb 2, 2009
Visit site
Well this dacs been turned on continusly for over week now,The sound has definatly improved,I dont think its just the placeabo effect,I am a burn in believer now(what a turncoat I am) . Just listened to Stings version of 'Little wing;' the hi hat work can sound spashly and busy on the instrumental part,not so now, very clean and 'sheeny' sounding with a nice dynamic contrast between the percussion and the following saxophone solo which left the hi hat shimmering at the back of the soundstage, it left me with goosebumps,all from a budget floorstander too . Definatley keeping it now
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts