How is the Marantz CD 6003?

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm using the Emotiva erc-1 cd player. Don't know if you guys know it, but I'm thinking about changing/buying a new cd player. What I'm looking for is to be completely captivated when listening to music. (Yeah, maybe that's a lot to ask for) xD

I then read the review of the Marantz CD 6003 here on WHF, and it says that it is indeed captivating. Any guys heard it yourself, and what do you think about it? Also, do you find it bright, neutral or warm sounding?

Would also appreciate if you could recommend any other good cd players (there are captivating/emotive). My budget is around 330-660 pounds

A

Anonymous

i liked the CD6003 a lot. thought it was very good for the money. if your budget goes up to twice the value of it though then go nuts and get something more expensive! get an apollo instead-sounds better, and, less importantly, looks nicer on a rack.

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey jsl20
emotion-1.gif

I appreciate your comment, but could you maybe try and discribe the difference between those two (the CD 6003 and Apollo), because these are excactly the cdplayers I have considered
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Apollo is way more detailed, way more dynamic and has better build quality than the 6003. I compared the same songs from a number of CDs with differing genres and the Apollo was able to extract detail brilliantly, the 6003 sounded "muddy" compared to it. Voices sound purer and more life-like.

I demo'd them both hoping to get the 6003 (nicer on the wallet!) but couldn't say no to the Rega. Its better than the 6003, but is more expensive of course, which would be expected!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts