How I Met Your Mother

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
So, I only just got round to watching this (I know, I know, a little late) and have to say I really liked it... A few episodes fell a little short, but overall a great show.

I then read a few articles online that heavily criticised the ending (which I won't go into here).... But: What's to criticise? It was obvious it would go that way somehow...

Anyway, any other fans with opinions?

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 26, 2019
Visit site
I think the main issues for many stem from that last season. The creators of the show planned a specific ark, then popularity meant keeping the show running twice as long as expected, so they end up dragging out storylines and doing a lot of returning to the same few topics.

Oddly, that final season then felt completely rushed as they made the whole thing take place over a weekend, which was just a really odd choice for wrapping up storied of people the audience liked for almost ten years.

I enjoyed the show as well, just not that last season, which is a pretty common perspective, I suspect.

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Agreed - there did seem to be a rush at the end, particularly the last episodes.

For me, I think as the old fashioned romantic, I needed the ending to be as it was!!!

Anyway, now I need to find something else to consume my time when away from home.....

inias

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
So, I only just got round to watching this (I know, I know, a little late) and have to say I really liked it... A few episodes fell a little short, but overall a great show.

I then read a few articles online that heavily criticised the ending (which I won't go into here).... But: What's to criticise? It was obvious it would go that way somehow...

Anyway, any other fans with opinions?
Thanks for avoiding details. Never got round to watching the final season because of the negative reviews.

Maybe I will give a go soon as I loved the series a lot!

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
I loved the show, and yeah the reason the ending felt a bit rushed is I think they had to film it after series two or something, so it doesn't quite feel right. Also, if you look up some stuff online there's loads of interesting facts about how they had to hide the actresses pregnancys over the years with big bags and sitting down, at once point they even pretend ones belly is from an eating competition :D

Reactions: chris_bates1974
D

Deleted member 2457

Use to watch this on the big American cruise ships about 8 years ago it was good but haven’t seen it since.

zara.leon

Nov 20, 2019
Visit site
To be honest, I tried watching it and for some reason, I couldn't really get into the show. I'm not sure if you have to pass a certain number of episodes when it gets interesting or what? Cause I feel like this show is similar to Friends in some sort of way and I really like that. Maybe I'll have to give it another go sometime...

Reactions: chris_bates1974

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts