how good was the arcam alpha 8p

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have just picked up an alpha 8p off ebay to run with my arcam solo movie to biamp my front speakers - both amps are rated at 50w - which would be best to dedicated to the treble - the solo movie or the 8p? Which will be the best the amp?

A

Anonymous

Amplifier section wise, the 8p, most likely, has the edge. It has a dedicated, more powerful power supply so I would let it do the bass and it probably has a higher damping factor to reduce flab in the bass. Then again, the only way is to try them: Good treble is something which is hard to achieve...the 8p may just do it!

A

Anonymous

by that do you mean that the 8p might be better all round and should just wire the fronts to that?

A

Anonymous

vikingphone:by that do you mean that the 8p might be better all round and should just wire the fronts to that?

In short, yes.

A

Anonymous

I used to have an 8 integrated and power biamped to a pair of Monitor Audio S4i's. You need to try the pair to see which works best in each position but I suspect the 8p should go on the bass. The reason I say this is because the Solo is quite a few years on and the treble/mid reproduction is probably better. It's just a guess. Enjoy the playing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts