How good is the Arcam 250? Which speakers could you pair with it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Which specific users have returned it?

In terms of future proofing the X7200WA uses HDMI 2.0a inputs and outputs, which means its supports HDCP 2.2 and HDR.

This is the flagship model with RRP £2500 for 9 channels (7200, not 2700). RRP at launch for the 6400 was £2100 for 11 channels. So 7200 is the flagship, not 6400.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
The only thing Denon 7200 won't have is eARC. But that's irrelevant if you're not going to watch anything via apps in your TV.
Cheers for that, it’s on my list then, I was also thinking about buying the Yamaha 3060 again, what do you think?

D

Deleted member 2457

3060 at £1400 price match with Peter Tyson and get a 5 year warranty, or could go for £1500 the 3070 and get a 5 year warranty, my Pioneer seems to be behaving itself today though.

There isn't much difference between the two. I would've expected the 3060 to be around £1200, and not just £100 cheaper than the 3070. If you read AV Forum's review of 3070, they prefer the Denon AVR X-4400H which is cheaper and also upgradeable to eARC.

Tonestar1

bigboss said:
Pioneer SC-LX502 has more watts per channel than the 901. Most expensive in the range does not necessarily mean best in the range. Avoid 11 channel amps if you don't need so many channels as compromises are made to accommodate 11 channels.

+1 Buying an amp that has more channels than you need is folly imho. You a,re not getting true value for money and as bigboss says there ate a lot of compromises made to fit that many channels into a similar sized case, hence my decision to go for the yamaha 1070 rather than other options which is documented on an old thread which i cant find the link to right now.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
May be a Cambridge audio CXR 120 can also be considered. Admittedly no room correction. But comes with a good proven streaming platform from ca for music, if 2 channel audio is a priority. And also has a very good high quality amp section.

D

Deleted member 2457

newlash09 said:
May be a Cambridge audio CXR 120 can also be considered. Admittedly no room correction. But comes with a good proven streaming platform from ca for music, if 2 channel audio is a priority. And also has a very good high quality amp section.
Cheers for that, and a good suggestion for anyone else. I have decided to keep an eye on my Pioneer amp which looks a bit dodgy at the mo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts