How does...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Broner

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Broner said:
Thompsonuxb said:
Broner said:
Thompsonuxb said:
Sam Smiths "In The Lonely Hour" sound on your system?

its a very well mixed album his voice sits firmly between the speakers and sounds real - the music kinda varies on my set, some a little compressed. but some sound totally 'free' of the boxes.

but the vocals are really good.......

even if modern pop is not your thing try it, let me know.

The album isn't yet available on Spotify or Google Play Music.

EDIT: three songs of the album are, however, available and besides the opening track, which is a reasonably good pop song (due to the chorus and the swinging drums), I can't be bothered with this type of R&B. It will probably do very good among teenage girls. 8)

EDIT2: and if it's about vocals, then I find an artist such as Asaf Avidan who delivers excellent albums, much more interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lu4Hk9XPbQ

This is not an R&B album..... lol.

Its an interesting piece of music.

Checked out Asaf Avidan - not my cup of tea ( man looks like hes on crack)...horses for courses....

Two of the three songs that I heard are pretty obviously slick R&B (come to think of it, sort of a poppy gospel might be a better way to describe it) and like I said: this is music for teenage girls :twisted:. It's very MTV. I find that the guy is a good singer, but also very mainstream and as bland as it gets. He will be easily forgotten.

Asaf Avidan is something of a different story. Not only has this man got a voice that is unlike anything you've heard before, he also makes original world class music that makes up for a very funky and bluesy type of folk-rock. It definitely is not everyone's cup of tea, but it's undeniably good.

But hey, we all like different types of music, and that's perfectly fine. Don't let me stop you from enjoying Sam Smith :cheers:

lol....o.k

But let me say this...... you put this sam smith cd on and leave your woman in the house alone with it.....

see what happens.....teenage girls, prrrft.

its a quality album. will look into this Asaf guy when I have time.... ;)

Haha, you're a great sport. Kudos to you.

By the way, it's not that long ago (well, ok, about 8 years) that Shakira was my girlfriend's favorite artist. It took me some work but now that she's finished (sort of), she appreciates Bon Iver, the National and even Lost in the Trees. Anyway, she might actually like Sam Smith. I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts