How do I control my separates ( if hidden from sight ) ?

phil71

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi All.

Just re modelled my house and have my lovely new GT60 Panasonic on my wall. I wish to put my Sky box / ps3 / DVD player ( whatever I want ) in the cupboard behind. I have an access slot to pass all & any cables through as required.

Q; How do I control all these units from my viewing point ? Ideally I'd love a Universal 4 in 1 style remote connected to the hidden separates & my TV.

I'd settle for using the individual remotes as required also.

Many thanks.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Something like this would do the trick: one infrared receiver outside the cupboard feeds through to multiple repeater flashers you place in front of, or stick on the front of, the components you want to control.

INVISICON6.jpg

Combine that with a universal/learning remote such as a Logitech Harmony, programmed up to drive all your bits'n'bobs and Robert is, as they say, your Dad's bruv.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The Logitech Harmony remotes are great for this sort of thing, and this one will do the job for you, as well as enabling your smartphone to also be a remote control. The RF-enabled Harmony hub lets it work with all your kit in the cupboard.

If that's a bit expensive, you could look at cheaper infra red based all-in-one remote control in conjunction with something in this range to re-transmit the IR signals to your kit in the cupboard.

Neither will work for the PS3, but if you've got the PS3 remote then this is bluetooth enabled so will work through the cupboard without any additional kit.

phil71

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
Thank you professor. if I read that right, the hub will control everything / via smart phone app / remote included when smart phone charging & not even a magic eye required.

Result !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts