How did I miss this album.?

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
:quest: How did. I miss the album Sea Change by Beck. it escapes me, :wall: but what a wonderful acoustic soulful album.

A

Anonymous

moon said:
:quest: How did. I miss the album Sea Change by Beck. it escapes me, :wall: but what a wonderful acoustic soulful album.

That, and Mutations are his best 2 in my opinion (and I think Mutations is better :)), both very laid back compared to the norm, and better for it.

Sliced Bread

Good call Moon,

I just bought this based on this thread and listening to it now with a nice glass of whisky. Like you said, how'd I miss this one.

And "organic" is a good description. I'm looking forward to trying their other albums.

Nice job ;)

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I am glad you like it. it's going to be a regular on my playlist. I've noticed it does go well with Bruichladdich. :cheers:

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Lovely album, great production by the esteemed Nigel Godrich.

I remember listening to it at the time and marvelling at the velvety sheen of the produced sound.

As Beck himself acknowledged in interviews at the time it was an artistic response to a break-up with his girlfriend and also something of a homage to John Martyn and Nick Drake's aesthetic.

Maybe it should have been released on vinyl only, on the Island label. Preferably the pink label imprint.

It really works well alongside Mutations and One Foot In The Grave, and is a stark sonic contrast to Odelay and most of the rest of his output.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts