How close to Iphone 3G?

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks John, Is it this the time and day that Apple normally carry out updates to its Apple store?? or is this another confirmation signal of an imminent 3G Iphone.

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
I can't be the only person in the world refreshing pages to get the first glimps of info. If only one of the home nations was playing tonight to distract us!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="peds"]I can't be the only person in the world refreshing pages to get the first glimps of info.[/quote]

No, I should think there are probably many thousands just like you.

Smart marketing, isn't it?

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
I can't think of a single product i have avidly awaited like this one (less Iphone1) Yes it is excellent marketing my birthday 20 june so hoping i can rush my wife off to get me one as soon as it hits the O2 store early July if roumers are to be believed.

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
It will be interesting to see what exchange rate they use. $199 should be £100 for the new 8GB 3G IPhone, will the 2.0 firmware be released same day?? Or can we expect that earlier?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, Tom's report did suggest that they emphasised the worldwide nature of the pricing. I guess if you're into that kind of thing, that's got to make the new model a pretty good deal.

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I phoned O2 this evening as I am overdue an upgrade. I asked if I could pre order the new iPhone, I was told they are currently in negotiations as the contract with Apple has expired and they are not currently selling or pre ordering any iphone models.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]Tom's report did suggest that they emphasised the worldwide nature of the pricing[/quote]

Mmm.....when it comes to electronics, a dollar price over there normally equals a pound sterling price here. Still, the Apple GUI will probably win over a few more costomers although 3G and GPS will hardly have Blackberry or Nokia quaking. Even the Samsung F480 (Tocco) has a 5-megapixel camera. At least the dreaded recessed jack has gone and its lost some bulk. If the price is right Apple might be on a winner although offering a trade in on 1st gen iPhones would have kept their current converts a bit sweeter.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="peds"]will the 2.0 firmware be released same day?[/quote]

Reports say that "iPhone 2.0 software... will be available on July 11 as a free software update for current iPhone owners"

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="david1997"]Mmm.....when it comes to electronics, a dollar price over there normally equals a pound sterling price here.[/quote]

That's true, but Tom's report does suggest the worldwide price of "a maximum of $199" was emphasised. Maybe the plan is to deter cross-border shipping of units? Or to grab market share at any cost?

[quote user="david1997"]although offering a trade in on 1st gen iPhones would
have kept their current converts a bit sweeter.[/quote]

I think given the fanaticism of the core Apple fans, the company would feel no such sweeteners are required. I bet we'll see the new reports of the faithful queuing on the allotted day to be among the first to get their sweaties on the new model.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]core Apple fans[/quote]

You're just too good!!

After that extra 13 quid for a few apps on the Touch not so long ago, I think some of the die hards are now feeling that S Jobs has been sqeezing their pips. Anybody know if it has stereo bluetooth or A2DP streaming?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="FoxJA"]I phoned O2 this evening as I am overdue an upgrade. I asked if I could pre order the new iPhone, I was told they are currently in negotiations as the contract with Apple has expired and they are not currently selling or pre ordering any iphone models.

[/quote]

From today's press release:

"The iPhone has been a phenomenal success for us," said Matthew Key, chairman and CEO, Telef¢nica Europe. "We look forward to offering an ever better iPhone 3G experience exclusively to our customers in the UK and Ireland."

"We're excited to continue working with O2 to offer the revolutionary iPhone 3G to UK and Irish customers," said Tim Cook, Apple's COO. "iPhone 3G is an amazing product and we think customers in the UK and Ireland will love it as much as we do."

iPhone 3G will be available in the UK through O2 and Carphone Warehouse. iPhone 3G will also be sold online through O2 and Carphone Warehouse. Customers can register their interest in iPhone 3G for regular news and updates at www.o2.co.uk <http://www.o2.co.uk/> . In Ireland, iPhone will be available through O2's retail channels"

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
Pay monthly tarifs are on line at O2 now with a new £30 starter package. the price get cheaper for the I Phone the higher the tarif you take (not sure how to put a link in directly to O2 site). There is also Pay As You go Available!!!! True to their word (for once) you can get the 8GB version for free but pay £99 for it on the two lowest tarifs.

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
It would appear 2.0 firmware is due for release 27th june ( http://stuff.tv/News/Apple-App-Store-good-to-on-27-June/10214/). lets see what they are expecting the touch owners to pay?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts