how can i use sony dav is-10 speakers and sub without av unit

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi

i bought the sony dav is-10 speakers and sub as i was adviced that i could hook them up to a another av reciver however later (after i parted with cash) i was informed that i could infact not!!! i cant afford to write them off so any soltuions(cheap <£150) would be greatly welcomed!

many thanks

Amer

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Don't know of one I'm afraid - the speaker system hooks up to the control unit via a dedicated multicore cable, and while you could use the little 'golf ball' speakers with an AV receiver - though they may cause problems, as I think they're only 3ohm impedance or thereabouts - there's no way of hooking up the subwoofer unit to a conventional receiver.

A

Anonymous

ive noticed the new Sony HT-IS100? which is pretty much the same system as the davis without the dvd player? can that offer a situational? any help will be great!! p.s can you think of an amp/ reciver that i might use?
cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Not quite sure what 'can that oiffer a situational?' means, but AFAIK the HT-IS100 is a complete speaker/amp system, so you are again unable to use it with an external receiver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts