How about 2 front speakers, bi-wired centers and a sub for Home cinema ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am not a fan of rear speakers and all those cabling hassles. I was reading somewhere that having the center speakers bi-wired with a good sub and good floorstanders would be perfect as a home cinema setup. I was wondering if anyone tried this here or got an opinion. :) If yes, if you can detail out the setup it would be super ! I read Infinity Beta C 360 is the hummer of center speakers ( as reviewed on CNN ).

Thanks in advance,

Neeraj

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Bi-wiring your centre speaker will offer no more to your "surround sound". If you don't want rear speakers then, a 3.1 system will give you decent sound but you will reall y miss out on the effect of rear speakers. However, bi-wiring will be a waste of time and money in this instance.

Sliced Bread

Since my rear left chanel on my denon amp broke own, I've been running with this set up.

I'm no expert, but if your going to go down that route, I personally think that your better off using a good stereo amp, with two speakers and a sub connected vie the high level inputs. At least that way you'll have a system that could be good with music, then turn the sub on for movies. Why pay out for the extra processing and amplification channels of a cinema amp when you'll get a superior sound quality from a stereo amp.

The only problem that I could for see is getting the vocals to come out from the 'centre' of the room in a stereo system But with quality speakers / amp it should be psosible.

Jus t my two pence worth.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Gerard and John.

My idea was to go with a receiver and not stereo amps really. I prefer to keep my music listening away from TV. I would probably go for 3.1 setup. I guess proper speakers might be better than style speakers for this kind of setup. What do you think ?

I heard Dynaudio is coming out with new Audience range in few weeks. I would demoing those for sure. Any other suggestions ? Price range 2000 euros ( about 1300 UK pounds ) for speakers and receiver. Room is large as living and dining is combined ( 6-7*4 meters approx )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts