Hot Yamaha 3070 amp deal and some 8K talk plus an outing I had recently!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Good price, shame it’s not the 3080 though.
Yep, I am considering a Yamaha as my next amp when something goes wrong with my Pioneer because I have heard the Yamaha 3060 in my setup and it sounded as good as my Pioneer although my Pioneer is slightly better suited to my speakers. Thinking about it though I would like an upgrade and the only amp for that is the Arcam amps but they’re unreliable so it will be a Denon or Yamaha, the Denon’s slightly concern me if they have enough power or not though.

D

Deleted member 2457

Besides with my 8K TV only having one HDMI input being 8K I will need an 8k amp in the future to do the sound too and picture via an 8K Blu-Ray player or games console. So in a couple of years time I will change my amp for sure not unless there is another solution?

D

Deleted member 2457

Besides with my 8K TV only having one HDMI input being 8K I will need an 8k amp in the future to do the sound too and picture via an 8K Blu-Ray player or games console. So in a couple of years time I will change my amp for sure not unless there is another solution?
I am now thinking I won’t need a new amp because it will be an 8K Blu-Ray player I go for with 2 HDMI outputs - that’s okay then. :) I won’t bother with a games consoles although the TV should upscale it to 8K anyway, if I want a games console I might as well go for one of the current ones not one of the 8k upscaling ones if it is upscaling which everyone is saying it will.

What‘s the point having an 8K upscaling games console if your TV will upscale a 4K one to 8K?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

In this review of the LG 88-inch 8k OLED TV the guy says there is virtually no difference between 8k real content and 8K upscaling and that’s an 88-inch 8K OLED TV:
View: https://youtu.be/Qrdico9Fq8A

So to think about it there is no point buying an 8K Blu-Ray player just buy 4K ones and get them to upscale to 8K because there is virtually no difference in picture quality. Yes, no more upgrades!

D

Deleted member 2457

I went to the Harry Potter studios in London/Watford just before Xmas and it was pretty good! Had a tour around the studios with my niece, sister and brother in law and it was really interesting.

buzz_lightclick

Yep, I am considering a Yamaha as my next amp when something goes wrong with my Pioneer because I have heard the Yamaha 3060 in my setup and it sounded as good as my Pioneer although my Pioneer is slightly better suited to my speakers. Thinking about it though I would like an upgrade and the only amp for that is the Arcam amps but they’re unreliable so it will be a Denon or Yamaha, the Denon’s slightly concern me if they have enough power or not though.
Yes I heard a 3060 in Sevenoaks as my dad was considering buying an amp at the time, and it sounded very good to me.
Id assume the 3070 was similar.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
I am now thinking I won’t need a new amp because it will be an 8K Blu-Ray player I go for with 2 HDMI outputs - that’s okay then. :) I won’t bother with a games consoles although the TV should upscale it to 8K anyway, if I want a games console I might as well go for one of the current ones not one of the 8k upscaling ones if it is upscaling which everyone is saying it will.

What‘s the point having an 8K upscaling games console if your TV will upscale a 4K one to 8K?
IF we get any 8K Bluray players...

Regarding upscaling consoles, I guess it’s to maybe use with PC type monitors. Plus, upscaling quality varies between components. I tend to find that stand alone products like Bluray players have better upscaling than that built into a TV. I get the odd glitch if the TV upscaled too, but not my Bluray player.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts