Home music system for all mediums

stormorules

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
Hello,
It hoping to set up a home listening system. I would like to able to play vinyl, cassette, cds, and bluetooth. I would be best if it all came though the same speakers. I do not want to get an all in one record player, because I have read that they are not great for your records. I am on a budget, so I was thinking I would go for an audio technica LP60 for the turntable as well as some kind of cd, cassette, bluetooth combo, and connect them the same speakers. Is that a smart thing to do? If so, what gear do I need to connect everything? If not, what do you guys recommend?

I also have jbl studio monitors that I never use for making music. Would those work with this set up?

Thanks

matthewpiano

It's hard without knowing your budget. There are various 'music centre' style appliances out there that combine some of the features you are looking for, but they won't give you good sound and you won't find them at a hi-fi dealer.

What are you looking at in terms of total spend, and what model are your JBLs? I'm guessing they're Control Ones, but correct me if I'm wrong!

stormorules

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
The speakers are jbl MkII 5". As far as my budget, I going to spend $100 on the turntable, if I can use my jbl's, then that is great. I do not want to spend money if I don't have to. I find 3 in one cassette, cd and bluetooth players at thrift stores all of the time, so I am going to try and snag one for like $15. Max, I would spend 100 for tt, 100 for 3 in one, and if I need other speakers (besides jbl or speakers that come with the 3 in 1), then 100 there too. I am wondering if hooking the turntable and the 3 in one player to the same speakers will work. If it is possible what kind of switch box would work well? Like I mentioned, I am not interested in a 4 in one record player.

matthewpiano

It looks like your JBLs are budget powered monitors so you will need something to use a small mixer (such as a budget Behringer model) to plug the turntable and the 3 in one unit into so you can switch between them. You can then connect the mixer's outputs to the JBLs. It's not going to be 'hi-fi' but it will give you music.

Alternatively you could pick up a second hand integrated amp and a pair of passive speakers to use with the 3 in one and turntable.

TRENDING THREADS