Home made rack

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
tomh101 said:
Hey guys, I'm a true newb, just getting into home cinema. Before I started to buy things I realised I'd need some form of rack as the tv stand wouldn't house enough equipmet. So I decided I'd have a crack at making one myself (luckily I'm a machinist with a huge workshop at my disposal) Let me know what you think.

3.jpg
IMG_1747.jpg
IMG_1753.jpg
IMG_1748.jpg
IMG_1754.jpg
IMG_1755.jpg

The shelves are 15mm thick Lexan, the legs are hollow ali tube with a 12mm stud running right through and screwing into the feet which are solid ali bar with 12mm long spikes going the carpet. I will be making some top caps to cover those nasty visible lock nuts.

iemslie

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
That rack looks great. Nice Job.

Are you planning to polish and anodise the tubes?

Also did you produce the shelves yourself too or order them in? If you ordered them, coul I ask from where and how much.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

iemslie said:
That rack looks great. Nice Job.

Are you planning to polish and anodise the tubes?

Also did you produce the shelves yourself too or order them in? If you ordered them, coul I ask from where and how much.

Cheers
Thanks for the positive comments guys! I had initially planned to anodise the tubes, but kind of ran out of time and now I like it how it is because it gives it a self-made look. The shelves were cut from a 8x12foot sheet which were then milled by a workmate of mine (I owe him a big favour) I have no idea what this would cost, probably more than just buying a rack!

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Nice job . The only thing I would change are the nuts on the top . I would prefer to have dome nuts myself , as it gives a less "homemade" look , but as that is the look you were after then the ones you have do the job ,

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts