Home-Cinema setup

TheMaxx1997

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

so to keep it reasonably short... I´ve already got a TV, so next on the list would be some speakers, an amplifier and a blu-ray-player that can also play cd´s.

I´ve got around 2000€ to spend and will use this setup mostly for watching movies, yet the occasional listening session will be there to.

I hope someone can recommend a good setup.

I´ve thought of the Sony HT-ST5000 with the Sony UBP-X800, yet I don´t know if i really want a soundbar.

Many thanks in advance,

Max

PS: I´m realy sorrry for my bad english, it´s not my main language so yeah.

Are you looking for a 2.1 speaker system or 5.1 or 7.1? Given your budget, I would recommend a cheaper UHD player from Panasonic or Samsung which will increase the budget for your home cinema system. Look at Panasonic UB300 for example.

What TV is it?

TheMaxx1997

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
I´m looking for a 2.1 audio system...since there´s no space to put some speakers next or behind me, yet a dedicated subwoofer is not necessary.

TheMaxx1997

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

thanks everyone for your replies...

I´m just thinking..... is there a good alternativ to a soundbare for my usecase...or is it realy the best for my usecase? :)

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
pass through or upscaling. Just checked up its user manual, and there is no mention of ARC via HDMI. Though it has optical in to feed your TV's sound into the arcam. If your TV is 4k then you will have inbuilt apps to watch movies directly. However if you want to add a 4k player later, you can plug it directly into your TV, and then output the sound through your TV into the arcam.

Forgot to mention that iam referring to the arcam solo movie 2.1

Going at a discounted price too. Might be worth your time to check out. You just have to add 2 speakers and if you want deep bass, then you can add a sub too.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Most UHD bluray players have two HDMI outputs for the very reason above.

The main HDMI goes directly from the player to your 4K TV, which will surely be HDMI 2.? / HDCP and possibly HDR compatible. The second HDMI from the UHD BD player goes to your older non-compliant receiver / soundbar / soundbase.

Alternatively, if your UHD BD player has a digital audio output (fiber optic or coaxial) use that to link the player and the audio device.

Problem solved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts