Home cinema room? done.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
Looks very nice! Is that Boxee Box you've got on?

Cheers, buddy! Yep, that's the boxee's home screen you can see. You have one too, don't you? I love it, even if it's a bit temperamental. I don't know if yours does this, but mine freezes on the grey 'Boxee Loading' screen every now and again or fails to find the internet connection on start up. Both are resolved by restarting the unit. A pain when it happens, but not enough to make me consider replacing it with something else. What it does well, it does really well. A very sleek bit of kit (and much more attractive now the price has dropped to under £140!).

I know you like your AV BB. You got pics of your set up on here? Loveto see 'em.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
Pics.look awful onlaptop but fine on tablet. Odd. However, its looking very good. Maybe the bay helps acoustics? I am sure you are very pleased with a great room. But its not nearly as good as mine when I win the lottery. :)

Thanks, mate. Hopefully the newer pics look abit better. having the gear right in front of the bay window has caused major headaches in trying to get good shots. With the blinds closed, the lighting isnt good enough and with them open, I get that 'silhouette' affect that happens when the subject is bewteen camera and sun.

I had a look at your photos. Love your speakers, mate.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
bretty said:
RobinKidderminster said:
Pics.look awful onlaptop but fine on tablet. Odd. However, its looking very good. Maybe the bay helps acoustics? I am sure you are very pleased with a great room. But its not nearly as good as mine when I win the lottery. :)

Thanks, mate. Hopefully the newer pics look abit better. having the gear right in front of the bay window has caused major headaches in trying to get good shots. With the blinds closed, the lighting isnt good enough and with them open, I get that 'silhouette' affect that happens when the subject is bewteen camera and sun.

I had a look at your photos. Love your speakers, mate.

Cheers. Recon yr room looks excellent wrt layout. Very jealous. As a committed room treatment fanatic ie I should be commited, I wonder if you have plans for bass traps etc? And I cant work out yr speakers. Do u have 1/2 subs? Its great to see others systems. Off to buy my lottery ticket.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hey mate. No plans for acoustic treatment or bass traps. I got lucky in that the acoustics in the room are very good. The bass is thunderous, when called for not at all flappy. Did you find that your acoustic treatments made a lot of difference to te overall sound, or just the lower frequencies?

I'm not surpised that you're struggling to place my speakers, i've never seen them anywhere else, either. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing! They are a Tannoy Eyris surround package. They popped up at my local hi fi dealers (Steve's HiFi, sadly no more) three years ago. I liked em initially for the quirky looks (especially of the inverted style surrounds). I had a look online at the reviews and they were all glowing, so I arranged a demo and I was sold. My Roger's have the Tannoys beat for Hifi, but for movies they absolutely kick butt.

I'm running one sub; a Rel Strata II, which is out of shot in the piccies. It is a great sub, but a bit long in the tooth, so I may be upgrading it soon-ish. I may stick with REL and get a more recent Strata, probably the V, or I may check out one of the BK models. But, for now, i'm just gonna enjoy what I have!

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Good looking Tannoys in your room. My post wax lyrical about bass traps to clean up mid range/upper bass but then my room is way off ideal. I would experiment but I'm a tad nurdy and I recon as u say yr room looks to be acoustically very 'sound'. I'll mix no more metaphores but let u get back to enjoying yr media. Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts