home cinema help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just about to get the panasonic gt30 tv and already Gage t.he 210 blu ray player, i am Killing at a decent cinema/surround system could i get the panasonic SC-BTT370 home cinema system and hook my existing player up and ditch the one supplire ? Any recommendations would be great

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You could get the BTT370, but you couldn't ditch the player that comes with it since it's an all-in-one unit. You could of course just use the player that comes with the BTT370 and sell on your existing 210.

A

Anonymous

Ok so is there much difference between my 210. and the player supplied with the 370. Needs to be wireless.

According to Panasonic website, the SC-BTT370 is wireless.
EASY TO USEVIERA Link (HDAVI Control 5)yesWireless LAN Systemyes (Built-in)Easy SetupyesSelectable Speaker Layoutyes (Normal/Front Layout)Wireless Rear SpeakersReadyNew Stylish GUIyesNETWORKINGBD-Live™yesVIERA CASTyesDLNAyesUniversal Dock for iPod / iPhoneyes (Integrated)iPod / iPhone Playback (Music / Video / Photo )yesiPod / iPhone Full Title List on Screen Display for Music & Video Contentsyes

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Luvdubz said:
Ok so is there much difference between my 210. and the player supplied with the 370.

Can't help you there I'm afraid - why not arrange an audition somewhere and take your 210 along so you can compare? The other option is to get a separate AV receiver and speaker system and connect your 210 into this. For the same budget, something along the lines of the Onkyo HTX-22HDX which along with the SKS-22X upgrade gives you an HD capable 5.1 system for around £300.

Or for a increase in budget, there's the Home Cinema System 2 offer from Richer Sounds (link) giving you the Sony STR-DH820 and Boston Acoustics Soundware speakers for less than £500. You're not going to get a decent wireless separates system at this price point though I'm afraid, unless it's an all-in-one unit like the Panasonic...

Luvdubz said:
Needs to be wireless.

As bigboss has indicated, The BTT370 can be made wireless - page 14 of the manual states "You can enjoy surround speaker sound wirelessly when you use the optional Panasonic wireless accessory (SH-FX71)". So you'd need to also purchase that unit which looks to be around an extra £100. You realise that all this means is, you don't need wires going from the main amplifier unit to the rear speakers? You'll still need wires going from the SH-FX71 unit to the rear speakers, but this box can be placed at the back of the room so you don't have wires going from front to back. The front speakers still need to be wired into the main amplifier unit.

A

Anonymous

sorry misunderstanding just needed it to be wireless to connect to the net.

might look at getting the sony and some speakers as i love my 210 and unless its as good or better than this i may pass on the panasonic system although it look a great package for the price. So if anyone could compare the two or the two have already been compared then the sony and some speakers it is, might just have to wait a little longer thanks for the help guys.

A

Anonymous

sorry misunderstanding just needed it to be wireless to connect to the net.

might look at getting the sony and some speakers as i love my 210 and unless its as good or better than this i may pass on the panasonic system although it look a great package for the price. So if anyone could compare the two or the two have already been compared then the sony and some speakers it is, might just have to wait a little longer thanks for the help guys.

A

Anonymous

looking at going for the sony STR-DH820 and the Tannoy HTS- 101's as I'm new to the home cinema stuff what else will I need that you can recommend any help would be great. I think this will be a good system without breaking the bank.

A

Anonymous

i have heard the sony is good i have the Onkyo TX-SR309 which is fantastic and sounds brilliants too, cant beat it for the money.

I think also Onkyo have just rolled out a new one for 2012 too so if its as good as mine you cant go wrong.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts