Home cinema at its finest....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
OK, for the benefit of those other than gel - whom appears to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of custom installs - i've now updated the CEDIA Awards 2011 blog with more insight into the winning projects.

My favourites are the ones with a full entertainment system in their panic room; the house with 26Km of cabling, and the Villa des Amis, in which I want to live....

Link to updated blog here

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
Of course you could always settle for the pokey 40m jobbie.

Only £19m? Pah, I'd get one of those just as a dinghy to drag around behind my proper boat!

Incidentally for all those dreaming of a EuroMillions win, the changes to the draw coming in May (Lucky Stars are now 1-11, rather than 1-9) has upped the likelyhood of winning from 76 million to 1, to... 116 million to 1!

They are going to be doing two draws a week now though, so that'll make all the difference...

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome said:
OK, for the benefit of those other than gel - whom appears to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of custom installs - i've now updated the CEDIA Awards 2011 blog with more insight into the winning projects.

My favourites are the ones with a full entertainment system in their panic room; the house with 26Km of cabling, and the Villa des Amis, in which I want to live....

Link to updated blog here

I have magazines with alot, if not all of them in. (Wink)

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Incidentally for all those dreaming of a EuroMillions win, the changes to the draw coming in May (Lucky Stars are now 1-11, rather than 1-9) has upped the likelyhood of winning from 76 million to 1, to... 116 million to 1!

They are going to be doing two draws a week now though, so that'll make all the difference...

Thats because some people will think the odds then drop to 58 million to 1 if they do both.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sadly they're probably also the idiots that'll win the damn thing then not know what to spend it on...

I've already got detailed spending plans for a variety of possible (but ultimately stupendously unlikely) windfalls :)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy said:
The_Lhc said:

Thats because some people will think the odds then drop to 58 million to 1 if they do both.

Well they do in a sense as over the lifetime of the player they'll be playing twice as many lines as previously but of course it'll cost them twice as much. It just makes it even less of a good bet as it's now impossible for the prize to ever reach a level that actually matches the odds of winning.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome said:
Sadly they're probably also the idiots that'll win the damn thing then not know what to spend it on...

Slightly harsh but you do get annoyed at the ones that win a squillion pounds and then say "Oh I won't be leaving work, I wouldn't know what to do with myself..."

I've already got detailed spending plans for a variety of possible (but ultimately stupendously unlikely) windfalls :)

I'd make a lot of people very happy. I'd leave the forum!
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Andrew Everard said:
The_Lhc said:
smiley-tongue-out.gif

You mean someone's paying you to be here?

In a manner of speaking. They don't know they are but...

You can't leave the_lhc! Your no-nonsense demeanor is a breath of fresh air in a room full of cloying faux platitudes, mock interest and self promotion.

:bigsmile: ;)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris said:
The_Lhc said:
Andrew Everard said:
The_Lhc said:
smiley-tongue-out.gif

You mean someone's paying you to be here?

In a manner of speaking. They don't know they are but...

You can't leave the_lhc! Your no-nonsense demeanor is a breath of fresh air in a room full of cloying faux platitudes, mock interest and self promotion. :bigsmile: ;)

Well thank you but I shouldn't worry, the chances of it happening are currently running at around 116 million-1!

A

Anonymous

Nope, Cypriots don't have heads at right angles but hey do have right-angled sofas!!! One side's used for watching a movie on your projector screen, and the other one is used for watching, let's say...the news on your flush mounted TV on the other wall. What can I say...we love watching stuff...
smiley-sealed.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts