Hobbit, Battle 5 Armies loved it despite all bad reviews

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Watched the Battle 5 Armies yesterday in it's 3d glory and absolutely loved it.

I was gripped and felt gutted when it was finished. I could have easily started it over and watched it again.

Cracking, Epic film that appears to have been sagged off in most reviews.
I honestly don't get that it is a cracking film

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
That is what I loved about it - it gave the whole trilogy the wallop it really needed and tied in LOR stuff well I thought - not the obvious tie ins I mean the not so obvious ones.

A few things I did notice - I am sure some of the extras from laketown were used in LOR I recognised the faces, I am pretty sure they were in the Twin Towers in the battle at the end fighting for Rohan or similar. Could be wrong.

Either way I thought it was excellent to watch a fun, fast paced specticle unlike the other 2 films.

If you watched all 3 back to back that much action would be welcomed come the end I think

I loved LOR and this got me the same - I think its the sound track / sound effects they use for the battles, something about it that gets me going. This last film really sucked me in and spat me out feeling like a kid come the end. Not many films do that. Looking forward to watchign again in 2D - although I just love 3D maybe that helped.

I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 3D day before yesterday, just for Dolby Atmos. While the Atmos soundtrack was very good (except a couple of occasions when Atmos speakers became distractingly loud suddenly) but the film was rubbish. The worst I've seen in recent times.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
bigboss said:
I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 3D day before yesterday, just for Dolby Atmos. While the Atmos soundtrack was very good (except a couple of occasions when Atmos speakers became distractingly loud suddenly) but the film was rubbish. The worst I've seen in recent times.

No, I'm sorry bigboss you're just being wicked - TMNT is a great film, it's funny, fun and very entertaining. It is what it is though.

I did watch the 3d b-ray with my 12yr old son and 17yr old daughter though and they also enjoyed it.

Admittedly if I'd watched it alone I may not have enjoyed it so much.

But as a family film, it's excellent.

My set up is 5.1 though but the sound is excellent as is the picture with stunning set pieces to enjoy.

Worst film ever with the likes of Intastellor out there..... Just wicked.

D

Deleted member 116933

I actually think it was a great film as well. Peeps make the mistake of watching these as one film and then say they make no sense but watch them all together and flow brillitantly. They may not be on a par with the other three but the hobbit (the book its self) isnt written as thorouhly either. Though not showing Salron's aliance forming was a shame.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
For me there are quite a lot of similarities to the LOR in terms of film flow and character developments and there was a few nice touches I did not expect

First film slowest - second film better with a bit more going on, and the last one has a lot of bang, this one certainly did not dissapoint on that front.

I agree the story is more detailed in LOR but as you say they had a lot more to work with and less to work out.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
For me there are quite a lot of similarities to the LOR in terms of film flow and character developments and there was a few nice touches I did not expect

First film slowest - second film better with a bit more going on, and the last one has a lot of bang, this one certainly did not dissapoint on that front.

I agree the story is more detailed in LOR but as you say they had a lot more to work with and less to work out.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I had this on again last night - just checking out clips in 2D to test a sound tweak I had made.

Admittedly I hadnt watched it all the way through and I had already seen it so the magic of the first time watch was gone but the film definately has much more impact in 3D.

2D was not even close to the immersion that good 3D gives you. Please do not let this format die because its excellent and tv's are geting bigger, projectors are more popular - now is the best time for the format to be taking off.

Maybe they brought it out a bit too soon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts