HMV Blue Cross sale starts Saturday 12th Jan

A

Anonymous

That will probably just bring their prices down to everyone else's.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
jjbomber said:
Bought Misery on DVD for £3. That's cheaper than they are going second hand on ebay. Thanks for the heads up.

The sale hasn't started yet. :)

Brilliant, it's gonna be some sale....
smiley-cool.gif

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
if this is a genuine 25% sale it will be amazing. But I reckon it'll be old stock previously on sale at a stupid price knocked down to an Amazon price for 4 weeks.... Hope I'm wrong. Remember that topcashback.co.uk give a further 5.05% cashback.. Other sites may do so too

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Sale started today. Just got 25% off a live 2-CD set of Peter Hammill - £14 down to £10.50.
Which one? Pno, Gtr, Vox ? If so, cheaper on Amazon. If it was the Margin, then you did well. Either way, fine choice.If it is Pno, Gtr, Vox let us know what you think, it is one of the few I do not have.

daveg56

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for their liquidation sale as I expect 2013 will be the year that HMV will head the same way as Jessops and Comet etc. It's only a matter of time, they've been struggling in the retail market for a few years now. I looked at sale prices yesterday on-line, consistently Amazon is still cheaper, often by a long way.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
daveg56 said:
. I looked at sale prices yesterday on-line, consistently Amazon is still cheaper, often by a long way.
I just did the same. How do they stay in business? Nearly £8 more on a number of CDs. £50 for the 3 blu-ray star wars sets that are both well under £30.00 on Amazon for example.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
HMV spent the 1990 and 2000s squeezing as much as they could out of customers. Why sell a £15 RRP DVD for a tenner when you can bundle it as part of a 2 for £20 offer and inflate turnover. Amazon quietly went about hoovering up market share. I know Amazon did their little Channel Islands VAT trick, but the differences in prices are more to do with HMV charging as much as they can, rather than what the market expects. It will be sad to see them go (no trip to Dublin as a child was complete without an hour browsing in HMV on Grafton St), but in reality - they had every opportunity to adapt and the decided not to.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
despite my misgivings, I just bought the Lord of the Rings blu-ray box set (theatrical, not extended, cut) for £11.25 (£15 less 25%). This is the blue-cross sale, but checked the website and the offer is only available in-store (HMV Moorgate).

A

Anonymous

Having seen the news on HMV tonight, I would only buy instore, it saves any potential issues!

Sadly it is looking like its going to be one less option, I can't put "competitor", as many have said, they have not been competitive for a good while!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts