Question High sound leaking Earbuds

Saimonmarley

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi I'm a proud owner of grado Sr 80 headphones which are very loud outside and of course I love it. So yesterday my AKG319 broke up after 5 years of nerving and e raging people whit a sound leakage of above 55db at 100db only.... It was awesome the were hearing my music but when watching the little headphones thought like oh god I can't say nothing to him. 😅
So after that chit-chat I'm searching for new Earbuds whit good listening sound but that makes people go on berserker mode. My k319 are not in sale anymore and the only one I found are about 500 bucks. So can please anyone help me find Earbuds that have a good sound quality not the best but that are very loud outside?

Hi I'm a proud owner of grado Sr 80 headphones which are very loud outside and of course I love it. So yesterday my AKG319 broke up after 5 years of nerving and e raging people whit a sound leakage of above 55db at 100db only.... It was awesome the were hearing my music but when watching the little headphones thought like oh god I can't say nothing to him. 😅
So after that chit-chat I'm searching for new Earbuds whit good listening sound but that makes people go on berserker mode. My k319 are not in sale anymore and the only one I found are about 500 bucks. So can please anyone help me find Earbuds that have a good sound quality not the best but that are very loud outside?
You clearly have the wrong ideas regarding earbuds but the right ones about being anti-social.
Unlike headphones, open-back earbuds are rare and if you want some that others around you can hear then you'll probably deafen yourself in the process..... :cool:

Reactions: Saimonmarley

DCarmi

I am one of those people who get enraged being forced to listen to others second hand, tinny music. The Samsung Buds Truly Live have fairly poor (or should I say, good leakage). But even then, probably not bad/good enough for your purposes.

The most effective solution would be to make sure you have a phone with decent speakers and eschew the earphones. (Shin pads and hard hats are optional. ;))

Reactions: Saimonmarley

Saimonmarley

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the reply I know them already was watching a list of leaking ones but wireless don't really achieve the best sound quality and this one's are really marketing headphones. No serious producers like hifiman or audiotechnica.

Saimonmarley

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
So I've already found a replacer the Headroom MS16 they are perfect good sounding more than then the VE Monk and directly comparable whit the Fiio em5 that have only better bass sound and extension. Thanks all for the help.

Saimonmarley

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
So my headroom MS16 arrived today they absolutely does not sound like the akg k319 the bass is ok but little unstable the rest is absolutely top. So after this one I have researched past the last weeks and have found something very special the YUIN PK3 wich are Louder and better sounding. So I think it's time to buy it I will review it later and hoping getting it down my Christmas tree.

DCarmi

I get the "wall of sound" thing from headphones. I absolutely do! It is exhilarating. Some tracks need to be allowed to turn your brain to jelly.
However, if you continue to play extremely loudly through headphones, you will end up needing to strap a couple of KEF LS50s to your bonce. Do yourself and your ears a favour. Keep the volume at reasonable level. You'll then be able to enjoy the full range of your music for years to come. That said, feel free to ignore this silly old duffer.
</preach mode>

SteveR750

Personally I think that there should be legislation and a threshold standard applied to headphones used in public places, not sure I want to help someone be deliberately anti-social! However, If you want a good value set of IEM that will probably outperform most sub £200 phones then I'd go no further than the BASN Bmaster monitors. They are sensitive enough to be loud enough using a phone to incur permanent hearing damage if that's your ambition, but they are virtually inaudible to anyone sat next to you.

Reactions: Friesiansam

Saimonmarley

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
thats why i enjoy using open ear headbuds because the excessive sound goes out from the other way not like closed headphones where all the sound goes direct trough the ear... i resolved the problem on the headroom ms16 it was the natively format audio encoding problem it was like 24 bit 48000 but the flac that i listen to where about 44100/16 bit and this was causing all the distortion on the bass i solved it and now the earbuds itself are perfect. I think many people using smartphone have the same problem as i do. I use poweramp hd direct future (High definition audio output) then whit some research i founded about this problem so i was not believing it. so i tried the samsung of a friend of me whit same audio mod for loud sound as i have (root+magisk) and then there it was no sound distortion (44100/16bit Natively) even on high volume the bass was perfect over 115db and so on. Now all people if you have a rooted phone and your phone does not support 44100/16 bit on headphones plug please change the resolution by modyfing the audio config file on the /root/Etc Folder. This helped me a lot . if you ask yourself why the distortion you must take in place that all the programs youtube/audioplayer/ecc they use a resempler ffmpeg or others that converts your audio file from under 48000/24bit to this value and it brings (by best Headphones too) a Audio distortion... For People whitout Root there are portable dacs that do play on 44100/16bit. So thats it for now...

Saimonmarley

Nov 5, 2020
Visit site
Updatev2//
So after reboot the balance of the 44100 was ruined and back to 48000 whit resample running. I menage to fix this by installing custom rom lineage OS and custom kernel. All was perfect 5 reboots still working. After that I installed a kernel meager whit build.prop editor preinstalled and it was back to 48000khz I deinstalled the kernel meager. Same issue. I thinked up. Deinstalled kernel meager reinstalled kernel from recovery. And now I have 16bot/41000khz working whitout using a resampler whit CUTOFF (cut off frequencies). So now it's all working if someone has the same problem simply reinstall a kernel and using only a kernel menager to fix cpu and gpu no other features pls. I think trickster mod work this way... So 👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts