High-end amp with 2 sets of speaker outputs and switch?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I love my Arcams especially as they run 2 pairs of speakers in different rooms and have a switch so that I can listen in either room or both rooms. This is very important as it allows me to listen to music while cooking for instance, whilst the nipper watches Peppa Pig in the living room.

Does anyone know a good integrated amp that also does this. I'm looking to upgrade the Arcams so I guess the RRP should be in the region of £2,500+

Any help appreciated. To give you an idea I have been looking at the Unison Research Unico 100 to match my CDP, or the Audio Analogue Maestro Settanta. Problem is I don't think they work for my requirements with 2 sets of speaker terminals.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
yep not easy.the more expensive the amp , the more the ability to only have 1 set of speaker connections

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:
I love my Arcams especially as they run 2 pairs of speakers in different rooms and have a switch so that I can listen in either room or both rooms. This is very important as it allows me to listen to music while cooking for instance, whilst the nipper watches Peppa Pig in the living room.

Does anyone know a good integrated amp that also does this. I'm looking to upgrade the Arcams so I guess the RRP should be in the region of £2,500+

Any help appreciated. To give you an idea I have been looking at the Unison Research Unico 100 to match my CDP, or the Audio Analogue Maestro Settanta. Problem is I don't think they work for my requirements with 2 sets of speaker terminals.

I'm surprised that the higher end gear doesn't offer that. I'm looking forward to getting my garden and extension done and running speaker cable from my amp to some speakers outdoors for BBQ's!

A

Anonymous

The other solution is to have 2 integrateds. Use the majority of your funds on an Unico in the main room -- run an interconnect from tape out to another cheaper integrated in the kitchen, that way you'll have independent volume control in both spaces also.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

NAD master series offer this I think... It's another story if those are any good or if you like them.
emotion-11.gif

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm with you on this one Joel - my £400 cambridge amp managed it with no obvious drop in SQ so why can't higher end brands?

Have a look at Luxman - I've noticed their products often offer this feature. A very high quality switching box could work too, although all the (admittedly cheapo) versions I've tried have effected the sound too much. Theres a good one on the bay at the mo - luxman again from memory at about £375.

A

Anonymous

Joel, sorry to jump in but a question has come to mind. How does the new cd player sound on the proacs (compared to the 192)?

Also, I have recently been looking at amps at the same price point as you and don't remember seeing any with 2 speaker outs. Good luck with your mission!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
leenorris78:

Joel, sorry to jump in but a question has come to mind. How does the new cd player sound on the proacs (compared to the 192)?

Also, I have recently been looking at amps at the same price point as you and don't remember seeing any with 2 speaker outs. Good luck with your mission!

Very nice. Smooth, musical. Love it and works well with the ProAcs.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:shuggieb:
Have you considered this little fella?

http://whathifi.com/Review/Pathos-Logos/Specs/

Haven't heard it and don't know if it's switchable, but it's got 2 sets of terminals, gets 5 stars, is in your price range, and sure is pretty.

Yes I love it, but I can't find anywhere other than this review that suggests it has switchable speakers.

It doesn't. I just read a review in Stereophile and it states that the amp has a single pair of speaker outputs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts