HIFI

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 160668

What is a better quality and sound between Panasonic vs Philips for hifi ?
I think you are asking which make better midi systems - i.e., all in one systems such as the one you have. When people on here refer to hifi, they are referring to separate systems - an amp, cd player, etc. etc.

You have stated you are very happy with your system, which plays music, however I doubt many would regard it as a hifi. It is a mini/midi all in one system. It's great you love it but it's not hifi.

As has been suggested above, if you'd like to hear what sounds good and better than what you have go and see a dealer.

All the best.

AJM1981

I think you are asking which make better midi systems - i.e., all in one systems such as the one you have. When people on here refer to hifi, they are referring to separate systems - an amp, cd player, etc. etc.

You have stated you are very happy with your system, which plays music, however I doubt many would regard it as a hifi. It is a mini/midi all in one system. It's great you love it but it's not hifi.

As has been suggested above, if you'd like to hear what sounds good and better than what you have go and see a dealer.

All the best.

A midi set definitely meets the hifi standards as it is not lofi. Hifi in its original definition is not something like a snob thing :)

Anyway..

Reactions: shadders

AJM1981

i'll use all small caps… between hifi and lofi, midfi

'Midi set' : noun. a complete set of hi-fi sound equipment designed as a single unit that is more compact than the standard equipment. Collins English Dictionary.

Let's not swap or invent new definitions :) I am glad my setup and a midi set don't sound like a lofi telephone call.

Reactions: shadders

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts