HiFi upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
System: Naim CDI/Hi Line interconnect; Naim 82/Hi-Caps x 2/250; Shahinian Arc speakers; Russ Andrews Sig. Powerkords throughout; Ultra PurifierBlock Ag; Crystal 24 speaker cable; Torlyte Platforms.

I would like to upgrade my system in 3 steps: CD player, Amp & speakers (but not necessary in this order).

I'm thinking of a new CDS3 / PS555 but would I get a better system if I search out a used CD555 / PS555 for about the same price?

As for the Amplifier, again would I be better off with a new 252/supercap/250, or a used 252/supercap/300 for about the same price?

For the speakers, I'm thinking between TMC or B&W - which model should I go for, or do you have other suggestions? What is your advice about purchasing used speakers?

If buying secondhand, I may not be able to get an audition, so your accurate advice is of importance. With any of the above combination, would they be a hugh upgrade over my present system?

Finally, what sort of price should I sell my CD player, amp. and speakers for? They are all unmark, in excellent condition with original boxes and manuals.

Would appreciate your advice and comments.

Many thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts