HiFi Run-In, reality or myth?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

not to mention splashing the cash on something which youve no idea how it will sound in the end

might as well take pot luck evry time you go into a dealer and not bother with demos at all

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
jaxwired:
But, as usual, all you run-in believers are consistent. Run-in always improves the sound, never degrades the sound. 100% of the time, run-in makes the equipment function better. I find this suspiciously odd.

I bought a cable off ebay (well several) and they were all cr*p. Run in or not............

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Also, how do you explain my tv? Just so your aware, the tv ran in for a few months from new. I had the SAME cable on for 6 months.

2 weeks after changing the cable to the 16 core braided one (so approx 6 months 2 weeks in) the difference was incredibly easy to detect

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Dont know about run in in terms of sound changing for the better as the amp gets older. However, warming up before a listening session definatly improves the sound on my amp. I dont know if its just a placebo effect but its certainly an effect. My amp also has led feet that change from yellow to blue after around 20 min indicating the amp is suitably warm. If the manufacturers did not think warming up made a difference they would not have included these. Look good regarless though! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts