Hi Res

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
K

keeper of the quays

davedotco said:
keeper of the quays said:
Barbapapa said:
Thanks for the clarification. Hence 16 bit should suffice for my needs as well. Good to know. Now how to find good recordings...
Try George szell Cleveland orchestra..mahler 4

Though Mahler is not a favourite in our home.

Mrs DDC calls him 'Glenn Mahler'.
lol Glenn Mahler! Cool...i went up to albert hall recently saw Mahler 2 royal philharmonic..excellent!

K

keeper of the quays

davedotco said:
Barbapapa said:
Thanks for the clarification. Hence 16 bit should suffice for my needs as well. Good to know. Now how to find good recordings...
Try George szell Cleveland orchestra..mahler 4

Though Mahler is not a favourite in our home.

Mrs DDC calls him 'Glenn Mahler'.
lol Glenn Mahler! Cool...i went up to albert hall recently saw Mahler 2 royal philharmonic..excellent!
thing with Mahler perhaps more so than other composers is the influence of the conductor! Two ways of conducting..the intense, tortured genius..or the beautiful poetic genius..when I was a young man it was the conductors who found the intense tortured sardonic music in Mahler..but now I'm older I like the beautiful poetry in the music..the finals bars of music in the 10th adagio are just perfection...glenn Mahler you rock!

Barbapapa

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for this, maybe they'll have it in the local CD shop (which also sells older stuff). I also found my opinion of Mahler changing over the years. I really like the final movement of the 9th, will listen to the 10th also (long time ago that I heard it).

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
It's all in the terminology I see. Perhaps 're-equilised' rather than remastered, which most are not.

No, re-equalising is a specific process which you may or may not consider doing as part of a re-mastering project (typically you would). It's not improbable for CDs, HD downloads and LPs of the same album to be created from completely different master of the same mix. (Sometimes they're different mixes as well, but I don't want to confuse you further.) Buy a song as part of a compilation album and likely it will have been re-mastered again so its dynamic range and tonal balance fit in with the rest of the album, and may sound different to the same song you bought as a single or on its original album. In music, it's very very common for there to be considerably more than 'one version of the truth'.

If you're unsure what mastering is, feel free to google it or look on you tube, there's lots of explanations and videos for both amateur and pro producers.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded some trial dsd files today but first i needed to switch a jumper on the back of the amp to b

Then download a new driver for windows 10.

Then came the complicated part with jriver. I got it working but no way to really tell if its playing higer res than before as its all classical stuff i never heard and the media center has so many settings so ill need to look deeper into it.

Funny thing i went onto jriver forum and was another hegel owner with same questions

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts