Hi Res Download Sites

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Following on from a previous post I am trying to enquire as to what sites are available for the download of high resolution music albums / tracks. Ideally looking for tracks up to 96 KHz - 24 Bit.

I have downloaded a few albums off HD Tracks using the Paypal workaround and so far I have been very impressed with the quality of these. (These have included - Rolling Stones, REM, Beck, Evan Dando, Eric Clapton, Metallica and Wilco) and there are a few others on there I would like to obtain as well.

Other sites I am aware of are Linn Music (predominantly Classical and Opera) and B&W (although I believe this is a membership site).....neither of these are much use to me as I dont listen to Classical or Opera music :-(

Other than HD Tracks does anyone know of any other good sites I can purchase music at a minimum of CD quality, in either FLAC or AIFF format??

:cheers:

A

Anonymous

http://www.audiophilejournal.com/high-resolution-music-downloads/

SteveR750

Jason36 said:
Hi Guys,

Following on from a previous post I am trying to enquire as to what sites are available for the download of high resolution music albums / tracks. Ideally looking for tracks up to 96 KHz - 24 Bit.

I have downloaded a few albums off HD Tracks using the Paypal workaround and so far I have been very impressed with the quality of these. (These have included - Rolling Stones, REM, Beck, Evan Dando, Eric Clapton, Metallica and Wilco) and there are a few others on there I would like to obtain as well.

Other sites I am aware of are Linn Music (predominantly Classical and Opera) and B&W (although I believe this is a membership site).....neither of these are much use to me as I dont listen to Classical or Opera music :-(

Other than HD Tracks does anyone know of any other good sites I can purchase music at a minimum of CD quality, in either FLAC or AIFF format??

:cheers:

You're lucky - Every album I try to buy from HD Tracks is prohibited because of my non UK ISP. Either you're from the US, or you've managed to stumble across the very small number of albums that are licensed for sale outside of the US, or you're using a proxy server?

DavieCee

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Re HD Tracks.....

As per previous posts, I have found that if you got in early you could download anything but now there are only a few available, and they are not highlighted. It is a case of try and see. I managed to get Jazz In The Key Of Blue in July but that was more luck than judgement.

PS:- I am increasingly coming of the opinion that most HD albums are a rip off. If they were not quality original masters, or time taken over a remaster from original tapes, then chances are that you are as well with a CD, or vinyl.

A

Anonymous

Also you could download shows from youtube a a high resolution and then convert. Works with me most of the time.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
As far as I am aware, it's no longer illegal to rip media that you own in the UK. Get some DVD-Audio discs off fleabay and rip the stereo MLP layer to FLAC or whatever lossless format you favour. Software like DVD Audio Extractor will rip the MLP layer. For example, a lot of the REM DVD-A's have a 24bit 192KHz stereo layer!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts