Hi, I have a Cambridge Audio CX A81 hooked up to a Bluesound Node 2.

Eric Radio

Feb 1, 2021
Visit site
With the beginning of each track from BS there are numerous dropouts then it smooths out and sounds fine. This only happens with this particular amp and BS unit. I have another BS Node 2 in another room that works fine. I just removed the Bluetooth antennae but was trying to figure out if there was any other setting I can change that would stop the dropouts. I have a very strong wifi signal at the unit. Thanks!

Gray

With the beginning of each track from BS there are numerous dropouts then it smooths out and sounds fine. This only happens with this particular amp and BS unit. I have another BS Node 2 in another room that works fine. I just removed the Bluetooth antennae but was trying to figure out if there was any other setting I can change that would stop the dropouts. I have a very strong wifi signal at the unit. Thanks!
With two identical units, you're best placed to narrow things down further in a logical process of elimination.
I'm guessing the dodgy one is connected to the CX A81 digitally.
See what happens when you connect the 'good' BS by the same method to the CX A81 and play the same files (that you know were previously dodgy on BS 1).

Eric Radio

Feb 1, 2021
Visit site
With two identical units, you're best placed to narrow things down further in a logical process of elimination.
I'm guessing the dodgy one is connected to the CX A81 digitally.
See what happens when you connect the 'good' BS by the same method to the CX A81 and play the same files (that you know were previously dodgy on BS 1).

Thank You for the reply! I had actually tried that a ways back along with a bunch of other things that did not resolve the problem. I finally remembered the little Bluetooth antennae I had screwed in the back of the CA. Luckily I'm not using anything BT on the CA. I wondered if that was the problem. I removed it and... Well, just tried it and no more drop outs! Thanks again for the help, it got me thinking and that's a good thing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts