HI Fi Upgrade - old Cambridge Audio System

garypoolc

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Everyone. My current separates system has been confined to the loft due to lack of space in my current house. However we will be moving to a larger house, where I will manage to get my separates system out. (Hurray!). I currently manage with lossless tracks on ipod and a Studiodock 3i. Anyway, How much improvement to my separates system would a DAC Magic make?

I have CA Azur 640a,640c, 640t, all version 1. these will be connected to Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Depends on whether you are using your PC/ipod as the source or the CA 640c. The CA 640C is a really good player so I doubt there would be much improvement if your were to connect the DacMagic to the 640C. If however you are using your PC to stream then the upsampling in the dac will help you get a better sound than your PC or Ipod straight into the amp.

The best bet for upgrade is to start with the speakers first. Find some you really like and then look for a good quality amp to drive then and source. Synergy is important too.

TRENDING THREADS