Hi-Fi snobbery....

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
So whats your Hi-FI snobbery, I see alot of it on the forum were do you come down in the snobberishness surrounding hifi.

Active speakers, passive speakers, tone controls, AV amps v stereo amps what irritional snobbishness is your thing, power chords, interconnects, valve amps...vinyl, CD.....

and why?

me I have non..... I really don't.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I used to be a bit snobby about hifi, not touched it for a few years.

These days I just enjoy it, usually on all day. Then again I now have a system that I can enjoy, CDs, streaming, Spotify, internet radio, whatever all through the DAC on my CDP which is wireless from my compoota.

No tone controls, oh no no no no no. ha ha.

You can rate my system on snobbishness if you want.

- Valve CDP with upgraded onboard DAC and digital input for Airport Express.
- Nordost balanced interconnect
- Nordost mains cables
- BT mains conditioner
- Kimber speaker cable
- 2 channel amp
- Floorstanders
- Marble plinths under the speakers (although that's a little white lie these days as I used them as a cooker splashback!

:dance:

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Room treatments. I'm not sure it's snobbery just find it mystifying that people spend thousands and thousands on kit and all sorts of 'tweaks' then ignore what's possibly the most important part of the chain and costs a fraction of the price of the kit.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Not surely that "snobbery" is the right word. I do get the feeling that some people will always buy something out of the mainstream just to be seen to be different but I may be being unfair.
Chris

TrevC

JoelSim said:
I used to be a bit snobby about hifi, not touched it for a few years. These days I just enjoy it, usually on all day. Then again I now have a system that I can enjoy, CDs, streaming, Spotify, internet radio, whatever all through the DAC on my CDP which is wireless from my compoota. No tone controls, oh no no no no no. ha ha. You can rate my system on snobbishness if you want. - Valve CDP with upgraded onboard DAC and digital input for Airport Express. - Nordost balanced interconnect - Nordost mains cables - BT mains conditioner - Kimber speaker cable - 2 channel amp - Floorstanders - Marble plinths under the speakers (although that's a little white lie these days as I used them as a cooker splashback! :dance:

Overpriced wires are nothing to be snobbish about. Quite the reverse.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
TrevC said:
JoelSim said:
I used to be a bit snobby about hifi, not touched it for a few years. These days I just enjoy it, usually on all day. Then again I now have a system that I can enjoy, CDs, streaming, Spotify, internet radio, whatever all through the DAC on my CDP which is wireless from my compoota. No tone controls, oh no no no no no. ha ha. You can rate my system on snobbishness if you want. - Valve CDP with upgraded onboard DAC and digital input for Airport Express. - Nordost balanced interconnect - Nordost mains cables - BT mains conditioner - Kimber speaker cable - 2 channel amp - Floorstanders - Marble plinths under the speakers (although that's a little white lie these days as I used them as a cooker splashback! :dance:

Overpriced wires are nothing to be snobbish about. Quite the reverse.

I thought you might pop up.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
This forum is awash with snobbery of all kinds, be it regarding the price or especially the kind of equipment, or just the opposite, the inverse snobbery that insists that it is possible to 'really' enjoy music on the now mystical "Roberts Radio".

Don't worry about it, take what is worth while from each persons contribution and move on. Make your call on the credibility or otherwise of the poster and do not, under any circumstances believe that all opinions are in some way equal.

Use your judgement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts