Hi-Fi Rack Recommendations please...

n4d5

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone

I need to buy a new hi-fi rack. I need a rack which should be able to accomodate 5 hi-fi components. Each shelf should be able to with stand a weight of 35- 40kg. My amp is a very odd side and it is big and heavy, measuring approximately 22 inches wide, 8 inches high, and 19 inches deep and weigh's 30 kg or so.

At present I do not have a budget, but would look forward to hear any recommendations.

If i've missed any vital information out, please ask...

Thanks

The Hi-Fi Racks 'Podium' gets another good review in the August mag, and their website says the Reference range copes with 150kg per layer/shelf.

Also measures big enough, as far as I can see. Will not be cheap, so just as well you don't have a budget!

n4d5

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Thanks for sharing your opinions, the Podium looks good and solid, I'll look further into this one, £129.00 a shelf seems alittle steep, but you get what you pay for! Also you can customise the height of it when you order as to your needs which I think is valuable in any setup.

Thanks All.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
n4d5 said:
Hi Everyone

Thanks for sharing your opinions, the Podium looks good and solid, I'll look further into this one, £129.00 a shelf seems alittle steep, but you get what you pay for! Also you can customise the height of it when you order as to your needs which I think is valuable in any setup.

Thanks All.

Just got myself one of these - excellent in every regard, from the customer service and comunication right through to the product itself. You really do get what you pay for

n4d5

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Still can't find a rack... The Hifi Rack mentioned in the above posts, the internal dimenstion of the shelf is 500mm max I need at least 560mm. I don't want to go the custom way, this rack will cost a bomb, something I do not wish to do.

I have a budget now, I do not wish to spend more than £450.00 on a HiFi Stand.

To makes things simplier, I need actual Shelf dimenstions to be 56cm x 20cm x 47cm.

Or can someone build a hifi stand for me? with in my budget? being glass or wood...

Any ideas?

Thanks

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I use one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solid-Wood-TV-Bench-Stand-chunky-rustic-widescreen-/270627129017?pt=UK_Home_Garden_LivingRoom_TV_Furniture&hash=item3f02a246b9#ht_5279wt_1014

Not really a shelf more like a bench but will take any amp with ease and can be made to measure as its built from scratch.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
shooter69 said:
I use one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solid-Wood-TV-Bench-Stand-chunky-rustic-widescreen-/270627129017?pt=UK_Home_Garden_LivingRoom_TV_Furniture&hash=item3f02a246b9#ht_5279wt_1014

Not really a shelf more like a bench but will take any amp with ease and can be made to measure as its built from scratch.

Ooh, I like the look of that

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
n4d5 said:
Hi

Still can't find a rack... The Hifi Rack mentioned in the above posts, the internal dimenstion of the shelf is 500mm max I need at least 560mm. I don't want to go the custom way, this rack will cost a bomb, something I do not wish to do.

I have a budget now, I do not wish to spend more than £450.00 on a HiFi Stand.

To makes things simplier, I need actual Shelf dimenstions to be 56cm x 20cm x 47cm.

Or can someone build a hifi stand for me? with in my budget? being glass or wood...

Any ideas?

Thanks

The custom sized plinths do not 'cost a bomb' - they cost proportionately the same as the 'standard' sizes. In fact, if you ask them for custom sizes they will probably just offer you a number of other 'standard' sizes. It will be a bit more than £165 per shelf, but not much over your budget. Plus any leg length adds nothing to the price. If you ask nicely they might even be able to do a little bit with the price.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Gusboll said:
shooter69 said:
I use one of these:

Ooh, I like the look of that

Yep nice bench it is gusboll!

And better in the flash as such, very pleased with it and built like a tank, liftimer unless i change things about.

Heres a link to it at my place with stuff on!

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/your-system/my-2-channel-set-up

:cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts