Hi-fi for my bedroom

joscejrod

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello i want to buy a speaker system for my bedroom. My sources will be mac computers and maybe an iphone(this is not necessary). I want to choose between two sonos play 3 in stereo mode or focal xs 2.1.i suppose first have advantages in filling room and ambiental music(and streaming capacity) and second have advantages when you listen music in front of your computer. How fill the room focal xs compared to a pair of sonos play 3? How is the sound quality between both? I have read focal with internal dac is realy impressive.but, should i buy 2 sonos play 3 for my uses? I listen music 50% in front of my computer and 50% in bed(ambiental music).sorry for my english

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think those are 2 different products, it really depends on what you want to achieve.
Do you already have any hi-fi equipment (like amplificator, speakers) or you have to buy haverything from scratch?

Do you have a Wifi connection (I guess so if you are talking about play 3)? Where is your router placed?

Do you want to be able to play your music in your bedroom only or in other rooms as well?

Do you have a fixed pc or a notebook? Which one is going to be your source of music?

How big is the bedroom?

Is it sound quality important to you or it doesn't really matter?

Are you also planning to listen to internet radio?

If you provide some more information maybe we can suggest something more specific for your needs without wasting money for something you won't use!

joscejrod

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello, my source is macbook pro with lossless files. Sound matters for me. I have wifi in my house and router is in this bedroom. I could connect sonos play 3 directly to my router. Only want to listen music in my bedroom. I really like both sistems but i've only listened focal. It sounds very good but maybe sonos is better for me becouse i can separate more the speakers. But maybe focal can fill my room as good as two play 3 and also can obtein the best sound when i sit in front of my macbook pro

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
joscejrod said:
Hello, my source is macbook pro with lossless files. Sound matters for me. I have wifi in my house and router is in this bedroom. I could connect sonos play 3 directly to my router. Only want to listen music in my bedroom. I really like both sistems but i've only listened focal. It sounds very good but maybe sonos is better for me becouse i can separate more the speakers. But maybe focal can fill my room as good as two play 3 and also can obtein the best sound when i sit in front of my macbook pro

For me it doesn't make any sense to buy a pair of Play 3 if you are planning to listen the music only in the bedroom where you have your pc anyway. Not sure how big your bedroom is, but I suppose the focals are pretty good to fill the room with music :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts